This project is deprecated. All the functionality is being ported to Visual F# Tools, Visual Studio 2017 only.
Power commands for F# in Visual Studio
Why Visual F# Power Tools?
Visual F# Power Tools is a community effort to bring useful F# VS extensions into a single home for the following purposes:
- Easy maintenance and upgrade
- Sharing common functionalities and reducing conflicts between F# VS extensions
- Adding new features which complement Visual F# Tools
NOTE: Since v2.0.0, we no longer officially support Visual Studio 2012. An archived v2.0.0 compatible with Visual Studio 2012 is kept at AppVeyor deployment in case someone needs it. Alternatively, one can build vs2012 branch for Visual Studio 2012 support.
Currently supported features
- Auto-generating XmlDoc (via F# XmlDoc extension)
- Formatting document / Formatting selection (via Fantomas extension)
- Highlight references
- Rename refactoring
- Depth colorizer
- Syntax coloring
- Folder organization
- Find all references
- Implement interface
- Record stub generation
- Union type pattern generation
- Resolve unopened namespaces
- Gray out unused declarations
- Gray out unused open statements
- Go to metadata
- Task List comments
- Generate references for F# Interactive (see this article)
- Navigate to source
- Quick info panel
- FSharpLint integration
- Peek Definition (VS 2015+)
You can suggest new features at our user voice system. Please vote for your favourite features so that they have higher chances to be implemented. For user guides, please take a look at the home page.
Require Visual Studio 2013 and Visual Studio 2013 SDK.
build.cmd script or
FSharpVSPowerTools.sln to build the solution.
You can download the latest installer here.
Contributions are always welcome. The maintainers don't have much experience with Visual Studio Extensibility; any help is much appreciated.
The extension is available under Apache 2.0 license. For more information see the License file.
The default maintainer account for projects under "fsprojects" is @fsprojectsgit - F# Community Project Incubation Space (repo management)