An ASP.NET 4.7 MVC markdown blog framework built for speed and getting things right. Fully functional with the minimum required features to make a blog nice, while following best practices along the way.
- Fast as hell, first paint in 300ms-350ms (locally) or 350ms-450ms (hosted) range.
- Scores 100 for Performance on Google audit (desktop and mobile).
- Scores 100 for Accessibility on Google audit (desktop and mobile).
- Scores 100 for Best Practices on Google audit (desktop and mobile).
- Scores 100 for SEO on Google audit (desktop and mobile).
- Built in Disqus comment/response support.
- Built in reCAPTCHA support.
- Built in drag-drop image upload and embed.
- Edit and post in markdown, render as html.
- No database, uses flat file xml storage.
- Automatically generates a sitemap.xml.
- Clone repo.
- Open with Visual Studio, edit web.config variables.
- Place whatever content you want in the /Home view, or delete the controller for no Home page.
- Make sure to enable directory write permissions on your server/hosting.
- Build and publish to your website.
- Send me the link on Twitter so I can share it.
- Navigate to /admin and login with the username and password you set.
- Start blogging.
- Click on an uploaded image to copy the markdown link to clipboard.
- Initial base (sort of, mostly the xml storing and parsing): MiniBlog.
- Markdown parsing: CommonMark.NET.
- Drag drop image upload in pure JS based on the work by Joe Zim.
- Frontent Beautification: Jean-Paul "JP" Kleynhans.
You can read more about BlogFull and see it running over on my site.