Xelix is a hobby POSIX kernel and operating system for x86. It has a largely GNU-based userland and can run many common *nix programs.
Releases, build instructions and code documentation can be found at https://xelix.org (or in the
- Preemptive multitasking with privilege and memory separation
- POSIX process API with fork/execve/wait and signal handling
- VFS with support for dynamic mount points, poll, pipes, and in-memory file trees
- Read/write ext2 implementation, IDE and virtio-block drivers
- BSD socket API for TCP/IP support using the PicoTCP network stack
- Terminal framework with support for multiple TTYs, pseudo terminals & ECMA48 escape sequences