Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Active development of MobileOrg has stopped. I no longer use org-mode and am not interested in handing over maintainership. I'll leave this codebase around for future inspiration/use/forking.
Before using MobileOrg, please read its section in the org-mode documentation.
Then visit our Documentation and FAQ:
If you still have problems, feel free to post on the mailing list:
How to get it
MobileOrg for Android is now available from the Android market, browse to the following link from your phone or scan the QR Code at the bottom of the page:
There's also a donate version!
If the market link isn't available to you, you may also download the APK directly by clicking the following link
- Tested to work with Android versions 1.5 - Honeycomb.
- Works on all tablets
- Setup wizard that walks you through connecting to your org files
- Sync files from sdcard
- Sync files from a WebDAV server
- Sync files from Dropbox
- Sync files from Ubuntu One
- Sync files from an SSH server
- Choose not to sync files (Capture-only)
- Sync files in the background on a pre-defined schedule
- Decrypting encrypted org files via integration with Android Privacy Guard. Encrypted files must end in one of three file extensions: gpg, enc, or pgp
- Sync scheduled and deadline entries to Android's calendar
- Drill down into the document hierarchy
- Long click to view or edit a node
- Display nodes (and sub-nodes) in zoomable "webpage"
- Show and edit TODO states, Priority, Title/Heading, Tags and body text
- Show Scheduled or Due dates
- Support for capturing notes
- Capture a web page (or any other "share" mechanism) to a note via the "Share Page" item in the Android Browser menu
- Call the Capture interface using Intents. See Scripting for details.
- Locale/Tasker Integration
- Languages supported
We would like your help!
If you want to contribute, have a look at the issue tracker to get a general feel for the status of the project. Below is a list of features we would like to see contributions for. Feel free to contact Matburt or hdweiss for additional details on how to contribute. Especially if you are skilled in elisp, please contact us!
Before getting started you should check out the HACKING file in our main repo: HACKING
Future ideas (Want to contribute? Pick one of these)
- Extending org-mobile with new features
- Git synchronizer
- Integrate with SL4A for possible Org Babel Support
- Location awareness possibly with the new google-maps package for Emacs
- Implement new widget that supports capturing notes and triggering synchronization
- Translate strings to a new language or update incomplete translations
- Fork this repository and submit a merge request with the completed feature
- Please use 4 character spaces and no hard tabs