Simple Coding Playground
I created this coding playground as a template for a solution to solve those problems.
This Coding Playground uses a number of open source projects to work properly:
- jQuery - duh
- JQWidgets - awesome plugin for resizable columns
- Codemirror - awesome web-based text editor
- node-webkit - makes web apps run on desktops (comes built with node.js)
- Inlet - awesome inline color picker and numeric slider for Codemirror
- Emmet - Codemirror Plugin for Zen Coding
- Showdown - Markdown to HTML converter
- HTMLHint - for html syntax validation
- CSSLint - for css syntax validation
This application was built using node-webkit on Mac Yosemite. Which means it can easily be ported over to Windows or Linux using either node-webkit (for 32bit processors) or Electron (for 64bit processors)
You can use WebDGap to export your application or this app's source code as a Windows, Linux or Mac application.
Want to contribute? Great!
You can also submit a pull request here on Github or simply share it with your friends :)