Fork of Ghostwriter. A beautiful cross-platform markdown editor, however this fork is intended to be compiled into VS 2017 (MSVC) x64 for Windows only.
This repository arises from the need to have a ghostwriter functional Windows version because, as announced by wereturtle, will no longer provide updates for Windows.
Changes to the original structure
Each library used by ghostwriter was updated and moved to a separate VS2017 project, making it easier to maintain library updates.
You can go to the section of releases, there you will find the installer for Windows of the most recent version and the previous ones.
How to build
First of all, the following is necessary:
- Visual Studio 2019 (Desktop Development with C++ installed).
- Qt 5.8 (MSVC 2017 64-bit) or greater.
- Clone the repository or download the source code of the latest released version.
Having all the requirements already mentioned, open the
ghostwriter.sln project file and compile it in x64 release.
Easy, don't you think?
If you have problems, you should check the access routes to Qt.
This fork will try to be as faithful as possible to the original ghostwriter code, therefore, before reporting any error try to do the following:
- Make sure the error is not already in the original repository issues.
- If the error can be replicated in Linux ghostwriter, report it here.
If none of the above steps apply to you, feel free to create a report here