Please read the contribution guidelines before contributing.
- Articles & Tutorials
- Free eBooks
- Interactive learning
- ES6 and above
- DOM related
- MDN - Simply the best language reference.
- DevDocs - Search MDN comfortably. Even offline.
Articles & Tutorials
*MDN offers a lot of other guides for every level of knowledge to dig deeper.
- Array operations - Covering the usefulness of Array’s map, reduce, and filter methods.
- Promises - Learning promises step by step.
- Async/Await - Tutorial showing the advantages of consuming Promises via async functions.
- Pure functions - Answers the question »What is a Pure Function?« epicly.
- Using Fetch – Describes thoroughly how to use the Fetch API to receive and send data.
- Chrome DevTools - Everything you need to know about the debugging tools built into Google Chrome.
- You Don't Know JS (book series) – Series of books diving deep into language.
Thin books which you can get through in a few days.
- ②ality - Language features and APIs well explained by author and trainer Dr. Axel Rauschmayer.
- == ? === ??? ...#@^% - Basic talk about type coercion and strict type comparison.
- FunFunFunction - Educational plus entertaining YouTube show covering language features as well as architectural topics amongst others.
- Debugging The Web - Learn state of the art in debugging using Chrome dev tools.
- Promises Are So Passé - Talk that shows where async goes next, why it matters, and what you need to do to put it into practice today.
- Functional programming - Learn basic principles of functional programming in an interactive way by using map, filter, concatAll, reduce and zip.
ES6 and above
- Exploring ES6 – Good introduction with in-depth chapters.
- Exploring ES2016 and ES2017 - Follow up of »Exploring ES6«.
- Setting up ES6 - Explains how to set up ES6 projects that are transpiled to ES5.
- ES6 Overview - Bullet point overview including in-depth articles.
- ES6 Katas - Learn ES6 by solving unit test online.
- Practical ES6 - eBook with practical examples and advices.
- 30 seconds of code - Useful ES6 snippets that you can understand in 30 seconds or less.
- DOM Enlightenment - A whole book about how to access an manipulate the DOM without a library.
- The Art of Node - Introductory tutorial covering the basics.
- NodeSchool - Interactive self guided workshops you can also do on your own.
- Node Patterns - Short books about code and networking patterns related to Node.js.
- Learn Node - A premium training course to learn to build apps with Node.js, Express, MongoDB.
To the extent possible under law, Michael Kühnel has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to this work.