Reported by cyeric20 on 2009-11-27 18:02
After I activate the NVDA Cantonese braille option, the braille cursor does not located correctly in my braille display. It is happen in Microsoft Word and notepad. I am using Focus braille display, Windows XP professional English version, Microsoft office 2003 and NVDA r3391 from source code.
Step to reproduce:
1. Activate braille display and Cantonese braille option from NVDA braille settings dialog.
2. Copy the following Chinese line to new Notepad document.
3. Press ctrl+home and then right arrow keys.
4. The braille cursor at the second braille cell, but it does not sim to be correct, the fourth braille cell is the correct location.
It should at the fourth braille cell.
5. Uncheck the "Expand to computer braille for the word at the cursor" from NVDA braille settings dialog.
6. Go back to Notepad window.
7. Now the braille cursor at the fourth braille cell but there is another problem.
8. Press the end key, it does not display the last two Chinese character from the braille display. The last two braille cell is a chinese punctuation. It should be five braille cell for the last two Chinese character totally. The last two Chinese character should be:
9. now, The correct location of the braille cursor should be twenty-five! It does not sim to be correct too.
In Cantonese braille system, we use 2 or 3 braille cells for one Chinese character and one or two braille cell for a Chinese punctuation. For more information about Cantonese braille system, please visit
Blocked by #499
Comment 1 by jteh on 2010-08-05 02:42
Milestone changed from None to 2010.2
Comment 2 by jteh on 2010-08-05 08:10
Confirmed. These are liblouis bugs.
The problems exhibited in steps 8 and 9 should be fixed by my changes to liblouis as part of #499.
I understand what is causing the earlier problem, but don't know how to fix it yet.
Comment 3 by jteh on 2010-08-05 10:42
I have submitted a patch to liblouis to fix the other issues and am awaiting feedback.
Comment 4 by jteh on 2010-08-05 16:46
Fix committed in liblouis !r373.
Comment 5 by jteh on 2010-08-19 09:23
Fixed in liblouis 2.1.0. We now require liblouis 2.1.0 in 0264986.