Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Upgrades should automatically be detected and performed. As usual MAKE A BACKUP FIRST! Its likely that I screwed something up and your data will be ground into a fine dust. Currently the autoupgrade of database elements only works when using a MySQL database.
Quick steps for upgrade:
- edit /opt/ona/www/local/config/database_settings.inc.php
- edit the
db_typesetting and change it to 'mysqli' if it is not already.
- edit the
- Git pull
- cd to /opt/ona or wherever you've installed it
- git pull
- (OR) Download new tar file
- Download the latest tar archive from https://github.com/opennetadmin/ona/archive/master.tar.gz
tar --strip-components=1 -C /opt/ona -zxvf ona-master.tar.gzOr change -C /opt/ona to wherever your installed it to on your system
chown www-data /opt/ona/www/local/config(or whatever your web server user is)
- Point your browser to http://localhost/ona/?runinstaller=y OR use cli installer
- If you do not run the upgrade installer you may run into issues. You must execute the link above after installing the tar archive.
- After the license info you will be informed that an upgrade will occur. Select OK to the upgrade (after your backups n stuff)
- If there is any new database updates they should be applied and you should see a note about the upgrade_index being updated as well as version numbers.
- Once in, should see the latest version number displayed on the dashboard.