A library to submit extrinsics to a substrate node via RPC.
Take a look in the examples folder for various
subxt usage examples.
Downloading metadata from a Substrate node
subxt-cli tool to download the metadata for your target runtime from a node.
cargo install subxt-cli
- Save the encoded metadata to a file:
subxt metadata -f bytes > metadata.scale
This defaults to querying the metadata of a locally running node on the default
http://localhost:9933/. If querying
a different node then the
metadata command accepts a
For more details regarding utilizing subxt, please visit the documentation.
Most tests require a running substrate node to communicate with. This is done by spawning an instance of the
substrate node per test. It requires an up-to-date
substrate executable on your path.
This can be installed from source via cargo:
cargo install --git https://github.com/paritytech/substrate node-cli --force
Real world usage
Please add your project to this list via a PR.
- cargo-contract CLI for interacting with Wasm smart contracts.
- xcm-cli CLI for submitting XCM messages.
- phala-pherry The relayer between Phala blockchain and the off-chain Secure workers.
- crunch CLI to claim staking rewards in batch every Era or X hours for substrate-based chains.
- interbtc-clients Client implementations for the interBTC parachain; notably the Vault / Relayer and Oracle.
- tidext Tidechain client with Stronghold signer.
substrate-api-client provides similar functionality.
The entire code within this repository is dual licensed under the GPL-3.0 or Apache-2.0 licenses. See the LICENSE file for more details.
Please contact us if you have questions about the licensing of our products.