MiniEdit is an open source desktop application for editing files like PHP, HTML, CSS, Python, D, C and Pascal using UTF8 encoding. Also it can compile or run script of this files, if your already installed its compilers in your system, without need to open a project for it, if you are editing multiple files, e.g. Python, PHP it can run this files into console(cmd) or terminal(xterm).
- Simple (especially for beginners or kids)
- UTF8 encoding, Only UTF8 sorry for that.
- Search in files
- Search for file
- Portable, one executable file.
- Projects files, each project have special type/tendency (PHP,Lua,Python,Pascal,D)
- PHP XDebug
- [TODO] GDB debugging
- Until now it is very Fast and very small
- Tortoise SVN/GIT integrated in Windows, [TODO] RabbitVCS in Linux
- Works in Windows and Linux
- Compile and run Pascal, D, Go, Cpp (cpp todo not yet)
- Run PHP, CMD, SH, BAT, Lua, Py
- Not good in auto complete
Keep it as simple as possible. There is an addons to add menu items to file or main menu tools
Miniedit is FreePascal/Lazarus project, to compile it need to install all packages that needed for the project
- Use source code from github.com in branch "release", or use last tag, branch "master" is my upstream work, it is not stable.
- FreePascal FPC 3.0 or later
- Lazarus last update from subversion repo, it is recommended, or use version 1.7
- MiniLib http://sourceforge.net/projects/minilib
- CMDBox http://wiki.freepascal.org/CmdLine
minilib\lib\MiniCommons.lpk minilib\xml\source\MiniXML.lpk minilib\socket\source\MiniSockets.lpk minilib\connection\source\MiniConnections.lpk minilib\comm\source\MiniComm.lpk minilib\lazarus\lib\MiniLib.lpk minilib\lazarus\components\native\NativeLib.lpk
Build minilib project
Console: Run program in Terminal Console of system