Unicode Programming Examples
A collection of Unicode-related tasks in multiple programming languages. Feel free to add or improve examples and new languages.
- UTF-8 source code
- Encoded I/O
- Encode and decode
- Count encoded bytes
- Count characters of a string
- Unicode normalization
- Letter casing
- Sorting with the UCA
- Unicode Character Database
- Unicode regular expressions
The main goal is to have a cohesive style where examples in different languages can easily be compared, as opposed to following the most popular styles for each language.
- document syntax: Markdown
- code indentation: four spaces
- naming convention: single-word lower-case names
- string literals: preference for single quotes over double quotes
© 2013–2016 Nova Patch
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Unicode is a registered trademark of Unicode, Inc., in the United States and other countries.