👋 Hi there, I'm Michele (pirroh) Catasta
[Mar 2021] Language-Agnostic Representation Learning of Source Code from Structure and Context (AKA Code Transformer) accepted at ICLR 2021! [paper] - [demo] - [code]
[Sep 2020] Open Graph Benchmark: Datasets for Machine Learning on Graphs accepted at NeurIPS 2020 as a spotlight paper! [paper] - [website] - [code]
- Postdoc in Machine Learning at Stanford University
- PhD in Computer Science at EPFL
- Research Scientist at Stanford University and at EPFL
- Contributed to several projects (funded by IARPA, DARPA, Samsung, Google, Amazon, ...) with a focus on Machine Learning (GNNs, Transformers, Open Graph Benchmark, etc.), Recommender Systems, Crowdsourcing, and Data Science.
- Intern at MIT Media Lab (w/ Prof. Alex 'Sandy' Pentland), Yahoo Research (w/ Prof. Ricardo Baeza-Yates), and Google.
- Founding member of Sindice.com, the largest Semantic Web Search Engine (back in the days). The core technologies developed for Sindice evolved into:
- At Stanford University:
- At EPFL:
- Applied Data Analysis -- Created and taught the first edition of the course