Unobtrusive scripting adapter for jQuery
This unobtrusive scripting support file is developed for the Ruby on Rails framework, but is not strictly tied to any specific backend. You can drop this into any application to:
- force confirmation dialogs for various actions;
- make non-GET requests from hyperlinks;
- make forms or hyperlinks submit data asynchronously with Ajax;
- have submit buttons become automatically disabled on form submit to prevent double-clicking.
These features are achieved by adding certain "data" attributes to your HTML markup. In Rails, they are added by the framework's template helpers.
- jQuery 1.8.x or higher;
- HTML5 doctype (optional).
If you don't use HTML5, adding "data" attributes to your HTML4 or XHTML pages might make them fail W3C markup validation. However, this shouldn't create any issues for web browsers or other user agents.
Installation using the jquery-rails gem
For automated installation in Rails, use the "jquery-rails" gem. Place this in your Gemfile:
$ bundle install
jquery_ujs into your application.js manifest.
//= require jquery //= require jquery_ujs
Installation using Bower
bower install jquery-ujs --save to install the jquery-ujs package.
jquery-ujs into your application.js manifest.
//= require jquery //= require jquery-ujs
How to run tests
Follow this wiki to run tests .