eecli is a command line interface for ExpressionEngine 2. It can be used to:
- aid in development, like creating new channels or generating a custom addon.
- run post-deployment tasks on your staging/production server(s), like clearing cache.
- automate critical tasks, like database backup
- build your own custom CLI commands, like import scripts or cron jobs
- debug using an interactive shell
$ composer global require eecli/eecli
Make sure your global Composer installation's bin folder is added to your PATH in your
~/.zshrc) so that you may run the binary
eecli from the command line:
For more installation methods, please see the full Installation guide in the Wiki.
$ eecli <command> [options] [argument1] [argument2]
To see a list of available commands, simply type eecli at the root of your project installation:
For detailed information on a specific command, use the help command:
$ eecli help <command>
To generate a new config file, use the init command:
$ eecli init
For more details on installation, configuration and a command reference, see the Wiki.
- PHP 5.3+
- ExpressionEngine 2.5 - 2.10 (Does not work with ExpressionEngine 3).
See CONTRIBUTING for more information.
eecli is released under the MIT License. See the bundled LICENSE file.