A open-source (GPL-3) R package to facilitate writing books and long-form articles/reports with R Markdown. Features include:
- Generate printer-ready books and ebooks from R Markdown documents
- A markup language easier to learn than LaTeX, and to write elements such as section headers, lists, quotes, figures, tables, and citations
- Multiple choices of output formats: PDF, LaTeX, HTML, EPUB, and Word.
- Possibility of including dynamic graphics and interactive applications (HTML widgets and Shiny apps)
- Support for languages other than R, including C/C++, Python, and SQL, etc.
- LaTeX equations, theorems, and proofs work for all output formats
- Can be published to GitHub, bookdown.org, and any web servers
- Integrated with the RStudio IDE
- One-click publishing to https://bookdown.org
The full documentation is the bookdown book, freely available at https://bookdown.org/yihui/bookdown. You may see "Get Started" at https://bookdown.org/home/about/ to know how to get started with writing a book. The source of the bookdown book (and a complete working example) can be found in inst/examples/ of this repo. See https://bookdown.org for more information and featured books. You are welcome to send us feedback using Github issues or ask questions on StackOverflow with the