Rust language support for Atom-IDE, powered by rust-analyzer.
- Diagnostics (errors and warnings from
- Document outline
- Go to definition (
- Type information and Documentation on hover (hold
cmdfor more information)
- Find references (
cmd-opt-shift-falso in context menu)
- Format file with rustfmt (
cmd-shift-calso in context menu)
- Format on save (disabled by default, see
- Rustup toolchain update checking at startup & every 6 hours thereafter
- Supports rustup override toolchains
- Rust language snippets
Install from Settings view by searching for
ide-rust, or with the command line:
$ apm install ide-rust
rust-analyzer must be installed manually, if possible on the PATH (otherwise configure this in the package settings). See https://rust-analyzer.github.io/manual.html#rust-analyzer-language-server-binary.
No other packages or manual setup is required as these will be handled with user prompts after install.
However, you may wish to install
rustup with your OS package manager instead of following prompts to install via rustup.rs.
ide-rust:restart-all-language-serversRestart all currently active Rls processes
If stuff isn't working you can try enabling logging to debug:
- Open the atom console (ctrl-shift-i)
- Reload atom (ctrl-shift-F5)
This will spit out language server message logging into the atom console. Check if requests/responses are being sent or are incorrect.
RLS is no longer supported. To use RLS install a previous version of ide-rust,
apm install firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIT License. See the license for more details.