Clean and modern WordPress theme for corporate websites.
Maria is a clean, simple, and fully responsive WordPress theme for corporate websites. It adjusts automatically to any screen size including tablets and smartphones as well as Retina displays. Theme is built using Zurb Foundation, a framework for HTML5 / CSS3 which is SEO friendly. This WordPress theme was built with non-profit organizations in mind but be creative and unleash its full potential in eCommerce, business and other projects. Maria is available in English, French, and Spanish for now.
- Download theme by using "Download zip" button on the right side and unzip it.
- Upload the maria folder to the /wp-content/themes/ directory
- Activate the Theme through the Apperance - Themes menu in WordPress
- See Appearance -> Customize to change theme specific options.
WordPress Admin Panel
- Download theme by using "Download zip" button on the right side
- Go to Appearance > Themes
- Click on Add New
- Click on Upload Theme
- Choose the maria.zip file
- Click on Install Now
Adapting existing content
If you already have menus and widgets on the website, you need to do this after finishing the theme activation process:
- Go to Appearance > Menus and update theme locations
- Go to Appearance > Widgets and add old widgets to new sidebars
If you already have uploaded images on the website, you should regenerate thumbnails. To do that you can install Regenerate Thumbnails plugin.
If you didn't use featured images you can install the Easy Add Thumbnail plugin to dinamically set featured images for old published posts.
This theme has loads of customization options available. To open WordPress Customizer go to Appearance > Customize. There you will find the following sections:
Change the header image. It might support a random image list.
Maria comes with six flavors: blue, green, red, orange, yellow, and navy. You might switch between these colors using the Customizer.
In this theme we are using a default WordPress template hierarchy.
/css/ - Style(CSS) files.
/scss/ - SASS files for those that are comfortable with CSS preprocessors.
/inc/ - Includes custom logics that are non-standard to WordPress.
Live demo and instructions
To be filled shortly with more details.
License and credits
This theme is based on Underscore WordPress theme by Theme Horse.
The theme is released for free under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 and some parts under their respective licenses. In general words, feel free and encouraged to use, modify and redistribute this theme however you like. You may remove any copyright references (unless required by third party components) and crediting is not necessary. The theme is offered free of charge. If someone asked money for it, someone just tricked you.
Unless otherwise specified, all the theme files, scripts and images are licensed under GNU General Public License version 2.
The exceptions to this license and other credits are below:
- Zurb Foundation, for layout structure, under MIT License.
- FontAwesome, Montserrat, Roboto, and Lora fonts, under the SIL Open Font License.
- ScrollReveal, under MIT License.
- CSS Content table and Header commenting style was borrowed from Arlene theme
- Slider is built using Slick, a prodigious and dead-simple slider
- Customizer option uses Kirki, a toolkit expanding WordPress Customizer API features
- Images credit goes to Unsplash.com, a stunning photo stock website
All notable changes to this theme are documented in CHANGELOG.md file.
- Samuel Guébo (@samuelguebo)