Scala 2.13.1 is primarily a bug fix release that fixes several regressions in 2.13.0.
Stream.Consto the 2.12 encoding (#8354)
- Don't rebuild
scala.Seqto drop elems in
- Blacken subtrees where necessary in
outer#hasNext1 time, not 2-3 times (#8220)
s.c.Map#valuesreturns a strict
Iterablerather than a
Vector.from(ArraySeq)copies elems rather than reusing
mutable.HashSet.addAll: remove redundant call to super method (#8192)
- Avoid spurious "illegal cyclic reference" errors (#8382)
- Stabilize args of
- Reject incomplete implicit dictionaries (#8201)
- Process exit code on script errors (#8169)
- Fix type inference involving wildcards (#8129)
Other bug fixes and improvements
- Extend the Gradle / sbt 0.13 leniency to Windows (#8408)
- Avoid unnecessary
- Avoid memory leaks in
- Precompile -i files for script runner (#8349)
- Stop warning on higher-kinded usage without -language:higherKinds (#8348)
- Simplify reporters (#8338)
- More efficient
- Enable hyperlinking to Java docs (#8284)
implicitNotFoundmessage is supplemental (#8280)
- Add protected and private visibility filters to scaladoc (#8183)
- Fix vulnerability in jQuery used in ScalaDoc (#8179)
- Synthesize a PartialFunction from function literal (#8172)
- Fix parsing of
- Support emitting Java 9 bytecode by adding "-target:9" (#8060)
- Add syntactic sugar for
- A foreign definition induces ambiguity (#7609)
As usual for our minor releases, Scala 2.13.1 is binary-compatible with the whole Scala 2.13 series.
A big thank you to everyone who's helped improve Scala by reporting bugs, improving our documentation,
spreading kindness in discussions around Scala, and submitting and reviewing pull requests! You are all magnificent.
This release was brought to you by 43 contributors, according to
git shortlog -sn --no-merges HEAD ^v2.13.0 ^upstream/2.12.x. Thank you Som Snytt, Lukas Rytz, Aaron S. Hawley, exoego, Jason Zaugg, Dale Wijnand, Seth Tisue, Stefan Zeiger, NthPortal, Martijn Hoekstra, Jasper Moeys, Josh Lemer, Isaac Levy, Harrison Houghton, Benjamin Kurczyk, redscarf, 杨博 (Yang Bo), Adriaan Moors, Anatolii Kmetiuk, Eugene Yokota, Georgi Krastev, Miles Sabin, Philippus, xuwei-k, Magnolia.K, Mike Skells, 2efPer, Mitesh Aghera, NomadBlacky, Guillaume Martres, Odd Möller, yui-knk, Georg, Flash Sheridan, Diego E. Alonso Blas, Sébastien Doeraene, Atsushi Araki, psilospore, Akhtyam Sakaev, wanying.chan, Li Haoyi, M.Shibuya, Kota Mizushima.
Scala 2.13 notes
The release notes for Scala 2.13.0 have important information applicable to the whole 2.13 series.
Scala releases are available through a variety of channels, including (but not limited to):