MySQL client for Node.js with focus on performance. Supports prepared statements, non-utf8 encodings, binary log protocol, compression, ssl much more.
Table of Contents
MySQL2 project is a continuation of MySQL-Native. Protocol parser code was rewritten from scratch and api changed to match popular Node MySQL. MySQL2 team is working together with Node MySQL team to factor out shared code and move it under mysqljs organization.
MySQL2 is mostly API compatible with Node MySQL and supports majority of features. MySQL2 also offers these additional features:
- Faster / Better Performance
- Prepared Statements
- MySQL Binary Log Protocol
- MySQL Server
- Extended support for Encoding and Collation
- Promise Wrapper
- SSL and Authentication Switch
- Custom Streams
MySQL2 is free from native bindings and can be installed on Linux, Mac OS or Windows without any issues.
npm install --save mysql2
If you are using TypeScript, you will need to install
npm install --save-dev @types/node
For TypeScript documentation and examples, see here.
- Internal protocol is written by @sidorares MySQL-Native.
- Constants, SQL parameters interpolation, Pooling,
ConnectionConfigclass taken from Node MySQL.
- SSL upgrade code based on @TooTallNate code.
- Secure connection / compressed connection api flags compatible to MariaSQL client.
Want to improve something in MySQL2?
Please check Contributing.md for detailed instruction on how to get started.
To contribute in MySQL2 Documentation, please visit the Website Contributing Guidelines for detailed instruction on how to get started.