|SparkFun OpenLog (DEV-13712)||SparkFun OpenLog with Headers (DEV-13955)|
OpenLog is an open source data logger that works over a simple serial connection and supports microSD cards up to 64GB.
- /Documentation - Data sheets, additional product information
- /Firmware - Example sketches for the OpenLog, and for an Arduino connected to the OpenLog.
- /Hardware - Hardware design files for the OpenLog PCB. These files were designed in Eagle CAD.
- /Libraries - Libraries for use with the OpenLog.
- /Production - Production panel files (.brd)
- Hookup Guide - Basic hookup guide for the OpenLog.
- SparkFun Fritzing repo - Fritzing diagrams for SparkFun products.
- SparkFun 3D Model repo - 3D models of SparkFun products.
- SparkFun Graphical Datasheets -Graphical Datasheets for various SparkFun products.
This product is open source!
Please review the LICENSE.md file for license information.
If you have any questions or concerns on licensing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distributed as-is; no warranty is given.
- Your friends at SparkFun.
SDFatLib-beta and SerialPort are written by Bill Greiman, and released under GPLv3.
For a full view of changes please see the changelog.
OpenLog v4 is refactored with better RAM utilization for better performance at higher record speeds (115200/57600).
OpenLog v3 is stable, supports FAT32 cards up to 64GB and supports higher record speeds (115200/57600).
OpenLog v2 is a bit buggy but supports FAT32 and SD cards up to 16GB.
OpenLog v1 is stable but only supports FAT16 and up to 2GB.
- v1.0 Buggy initial release
- v1.1 Small changes to system settings and EEPROM storage.
- v1.2 Added wild card to listing and remove commands. Added read file command.
- v1.3 Added auto buffer record if unit sits idle for more than 5 seconds.
- v1.4 Increase buffer size to 900 bytes. Pinning down URU errors.
- v1.5 Lowered power consumption to ~2mA avg. Added 4800 and 19200 baud rates.
- v1.51 Added configurable escape character, and escape character amount.
- v1.6 Added ability to configure via config.txt file.
- v2.0 Massive overhaul. Ported to sdfatlib. Now supports FAT16/FAT32/SD/SDHC.
- v2.1 Power save not working. Fixed issue 35. Dropping characters at 57600bps.
- v2.11 Tested with 16GB microSD. Fixed issues 30 & 34. Re-enable power save.
- v2.2 Modified append_file() to use a single buffer. Increased HardwareSerial.cpp buffer to 512 bytes.
- v2.21 ringp fork brought in. rm dir, cd .., and wildcards now work!
- v2.3 Migrated to v10.10.10 of sdfatlib. Moved to inline RX interrupt and buffer.
- v2.4 Merged ringp updates. Commands cd, rm, ls work again!
- v2.41 Power loss bug fixed. Adding support for 38400bps for testing with SparkFum 9DOF IMU logging.
- v2.5 Added software reset command. Modified the read command to print extended ASCII characters.
- v2.51 Changed command prompt control to ignore \n for easier control from microcontroller.
- v3.0 Migration to Arduino v1.0 and better recording speed at 115200bps and 57600bps.
- v3.1 Better handling of recording during power loss.
- v3.2 Freed up RAM for larger RX ring buffer. Added support for wildcards and ability to ignore emergency override.
- v3.3 Added ability to ignore escape character checking and corrected incremental log naming.
- v4.0 Re-worked to be compatible with Arduino v1.6.x. Freed RAM to increase RX buffer size.