Standard Notes is an end-to-end encrypted note-taking app for digitalists and professionals. Capture your notes, files, and life’s work all in one secure place.
Why Standard Notes?
- End-to-end encrypted sync. Only you can read your notes.
- Fast, free, and encrypted cross-platform sync on unlimited devices.
- Open-source with ability to self-host your own server in a few easy steps.
- A strong focus on longevity and sustainability. Learn more.
Creating your private notes account
- Launch the web app at app.standardnotes.com.
- Click Register to create your private notes account.
- Download Standard Notes on your devices.
- You're all set. Standard Notes comes out of the box with end-to-end encrypted sync on all your devices.
Publish a Blog
Standard Notes is a dependable environment to do your most important work, including publishing your ideas to the world. Listed allows you to create an online publication with automatic email newsletters delivered to your readers, directly from Standard Notes.
Join us on
Developers can create and publish their own extensions. Visit the documentation hub to learn more.
Questions? Find answers on our Help page.
Docker is the quickest way to try out Standard Notes. We recommend using our official Docker hub image.
docker run -d -p 3001:3001 --env-file=.env.sample standardnotes/web:stable
You can then access the app at
http://localhost:3001. It may take a minute for the server to start up.
Running Web App in Development Mode
- Clone the repo
cd packages/web && yarn start
- Open your browser to
You can configure the
DEFAULT_SYNC_SERVER environment variable to set the default server for login and registration.