Lithos is a process supervisor and containerizer for running services. Lithos is not intended to be system init. But rather tries to be a base tool to build container orchestration.
- use linux namespaces and cgroups for containerization
- immediate restart of failing processes (with rate limit of course)
- in-place upgrade of lithos without touching child processes
- written in Rust so memory-safe and has zero runtime dependencies
It's designed to have absolutely minimal required functionality. In particular it doesn't include:
- an image downloader (
rsyncis super-cool) or builder (use any tool)
- any network API
Testing it in vagrant::
vagrant up && vagrant ssh
In vagrant shell::
$ ./example_configs.sh $ sudo lithos_tree
If you want to change containers, sources or configs of this test vagrant
deployment just rerun
(Note: in this test deployment lithos doesn't properly reload configs, because
images does not version properly. Just restart
lithos_tree to apply the
Licensed under either of
- Apache License, Version 2.0, (./LICENSE-APACHE or http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0)
- MIT license (./LICENSE-MIT or http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT) at your option.
Unless you explicitly state otherwise, any contribution intentionally submitted for inclusion in the work by you, as defined in the Apache-2.0 license, shall be dual licensed as above, without any additional terms or conditions.