HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
Clone this wiki locally
This page provides a list of apps and libraries that support the Tent protocol so far, plus other helpful, Tent-related information.
None. At time of writing there are no working, public 0.3 server implementations. The founders of Tent have said they would release the server behind Cupcake.io during or preceding the launch of 0.4.
- TentStatus (open source) powers the Cupcake.is web interface and can be installed standalone, supporting status posts (microblogging) (possibly non-functioning at the time of writing; needs clarification.)
- Reevio (open source) by CampDev displays your public essays, statuses and profile information under your own domain
- App Keys by ^brooks for managing apps and generating credentials.
- Skywriter by ^brooks for status posts.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Windows: Bungloo by ^jeena.net. At time of writing, 0.3 has been halted by ^jeena.net until self-hosted servers are again available. ^jeena.net has distributed the source that is already built for 0.3 to several people, and is likely willing to share with others.
- Mac OS X: songcapsule by ^Brooks for scrobbling songs. Uses http://cech.im/types/song/v0 post type.
- No previous plugin applications have been updated, and there are no new ones since the release of 0.3
- No previous tools and utility applications have been updated, and there are no new ones since the release of 0.3
- PHP:Librejo by ^cacauu
- Python: tent-python-xiaoping by ^ian
- Go: nativetent by ^ian
- The engine running Cupcake.io, to be released publicly as a replacement for tentd around the 0.4 release
- The engine behind Cupcake.io search
- Cupcake.io is the only known live server.
- The ^otherservers account used to follow all known self-hosted servers, but has been idle for 7 months (as of 11/11/13).
- There is an effort being made by ^Joakim and ^&! (bitandbang) to create a version of Tent flavored Markdown that is compatible with ^Joakim's Markdown Essay post-type, as well as other longform Tent Essay-style posts.
- Please add any you seasoned users have.
- Install on your own server
- Deploy to Heroku:
- Deploy to AppFog: http://arturovm.me/post/deploying-a-tent-server-on-appfog-a-guide.html
- Zelten (open source) by Benjamin Eberlei supports a multi-post-type timeline and bookmark sharing
- Essayist (open source) by Mwanji Ezana supports long-form writing
- Diary (open source) by Benjamin Bouvier supports essay edition and some social features (compatible with v0.3).
- Bivou.ac by Jonathan Foucher supports status posts (microblogging) and is optimized for mobile. Not open source
- campr by Quentin Calvez (closed source) proprietary webapp by the Campr Tent provider.
- Bivy by Bivy.me available in App Store now
- Trion (former Tentr) by Marco Ferreira available in App Store now
- In private alpha (?): Campr iPhone App, by Campr
- Mac OS X: CocoaTentClient by Dustin Rue
- In planned development: 1984 by ^citizenweb.is and ^jcook.cc. Client will be developed for Linux then ported to Mac OS X / Windows at a later date.
- clint by ^elimisteve, written in Ruby
- Sleeping Bag, a WIP command line tent client by Jack Stouffer
- Tentog, trying to be irssi-like. Written in Python using python-tent-client. By ^dindinoh
- tent-cli by ^openmason, in node.js
- WordPress plugin to display public posts by ^brooks
- Syte supports Tent integration, thanks to Marc Henklein
- Zelten SocialSync can crosspost directly to Twitter, code here
- TentRSS presents an RSS feed of public status posts, code here. See also: Fork that can filter out ^mentions, Tent to Twitter IFTTT recipe using the fork
- tent-discover - a CORS-enabled web service allowing server-less Tent applications to discover Entity information. By ^mkr
- Cocoa Touch: TPTentClient by ^followben
- Go: go.tent by ^elimisteve
- Java: tent-client-java by ^mwanji, TentClient by ^alex
- PHP: TentPHP by ^beberlei, php-tent-client by ^collegeman, Depot (opensource) by ^simensen
- Python: python-tent-client by ^longears
- Ruby: tent-client-ruby (official)
- tentd is the reference implementation of a Tent server, written in Ruby
- tentd-admin (official) – This project includes tentd, so start here if you want to host your own server. Provides the admin interface for approving and revoking apps.
- EC2pedition - Amazon AWS EC2 images for Tent servers, clients and developers ^rootwyrm - support at ^ec2pedition
- In early development: pytentd, a python server implementation by a group of students.
- In planned development: 1984-srv by ^citizenweb.is and ^jcook.cc
- Depot (opensource) - a PHP server implementation ^simensen.tent.is
- Skate Tent Search, run by Apollic Software (the team behind Tent.is and the protocol), lets you search Tent posts.
- Tentagon by ^fracolo provides user search, currently only for accounts on Tent.is
Currently only Tent.is and Campr provide Tent hosting for the general public. The ^otherservers account attempts to follow all known self-hosted servers. Lavvus promises to offer entity hosting in the near future.
Catalog of actual JSON objects from the tent.is API, useful for figuring things out, checking against the docs, understanding how things work
You should be able to use any website you control as your Tent entity name. Put a
<link>tag in it as specified in the docs. Here is a test case that doesn't work yet on tent.is, but should: http://longearstestaccount.tumblr.com/ To fully support that tent.is would have to let us change the "entity" field in our profile.
If you can control the response headers of your website, you can use a
Linkheader instead of the
<link>tag. The effect is the same.
A condensed, non-official description of the discovery protocol, step by step
pavilli.us: a beginners guide to the tent protocol with helpful links