The Git Textmate Bundle
You can install this bundle in TextMate by opening the preferences and going to the bundles tab. After installation it will be automatically updated for you.
- Many shortcuts are available from the SCM shortcut ⌘Y Subversion commands are ⌘⌥G. Less frequent commands are accessed via the menu.
The “Git Commit Message” Language defines two scopes that can be used by a theme to generate “line too long” warnings for the first line of the commit:
The warning scope triggers when the first line exceeds 50 characters; the error scope over 65 characters. These aren’t generally-used TextMate scopes, so you can add new rules to your preferred themes, such as orange background/red background. You can also edit the regex to change the preferred character counts.
- January 2010 – 2012: James Conroy-Finn
- January 2008 – December 2009: Tim Harper (with Lead Media Partners).
The Git TextMate Bundle wouldn’t be possible without the contributions of the following fine gentlemen:
- Allan Odgaard – Started the bundle, got it rolling. Many patches. Oh, and TextMate :-).
- Sam Granieri – GitK, Many of the git-svn commands, Git initialize repository command, menu layouting, create-tag.
- Johan Sørensen – Contributing the CSS styling.
Please feel free to send a pull request if you’ve added any functionality to this bundle that you think the rest of the git-loving, TextMate-using world would appreciate!