AngularConnect 2016 - Sample Application
The sample application uses a Microsoft Azure hosted API https://boardzapi.azurewebsites.net/swagger.
For login, please use same value for username and password ;-)
- Download and install node.js
- Make sure you have the git command line tools installed
- Download and install Atom or another editor of your choice (free:
notepad, Visual Studio Code; commercial: Sublime Text, WebStorm)
The steps mentioned in the Setup for native applications section are optional, those steps are only required if you want to run the app either on any mobile or desktop operating system as native applications.
If you're just interested in running the SPA within the browser, go ahead and follow the Building section and focus on the web related tasks.
Setup for Native Applications
- Download and install the platform SDKs and/or emulators for the platform you want to develop for (this might take quite a while… so do this first!)
- Install and install ImageMagick (base toolkit for image processing, here used for splash screen and icon generation)
- Install Cordova:
npm install -g cordova
- Install gulp:
npm install -g gulp
- MacOSX and Linux users need to install Wine (for executing the Electron Windows build task)
The npm scripts will build iOS, Windows UWP, Android apps as well as desktop applications for Mac OSX, Windows and Linux. To get it working, please do the following:
- After cloning the repo:
npm i --no-progresswithin the root folder of this repository
npm run watch-webto start a live server, which is best when developing the app
npm run watch-allto orchestrate the cordova ios app, the electron app and the webapp with live reloading.
npm run start-webto start the webapp without injecting upcoming changes
- Release Mode: Use the following npm scripts to build the apps in release mode
npm run dist-webto build the web app
npm run dist-mobile-allto build all phone related apps
npm run dist-desktop-allto build all desktop related apps
npm run start-web as mentioned above to start the browser version of BoardZ.
To run the cordova project, open a terminal and point it to
dist/mobile. Use one of the following commands to start:
npm run start-mobile-ios: Runs the iOS version of BoardZ. Requires a Mac
npm run start-mobile-android: Runs the Android version of BoardZ. Requires Android SDK to be installed and at least a simulator
To start the electron packaged app, go to
build/desktop/build and open one of the directories suiting your current operating system. Then open the executable as used to.
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari) by simply hosting it
- Mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) by packaging the app using Cordova
- Desktop platforms (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) by packaging the app using Electron
android-minSdkVersion: An integer designating the minimum API Level required for the application to run.
android-targetSdkVersion: An integer designating the API Level that the application targets. If not set, the default value equals that given to minSdkVersion.
- Bootstrap, responsive layout framework
- AdminLTE, free responsive dashboard template
- FastClick, eliminates the infamous 300 ms lag on touch devices
- HammerJS, for touch interactions
- FontAwesome Images powered by font awesome
- pNotify UI notification library
- Cordova for mobile apps
- Electron for desktop applications