Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a project to scale bitcoin on-chain as an electronic peer-to-peer payment system for the world.
Pull requests are welcome, please see the contribution guidelines.
The CashTokens and P2SH32 CHIP Proposals for the May 2023 BCH Upgrade are AWESOME!
- Getting Started
- State of the Project
- Open-Source Wallets
- Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
- Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
- eCommerce Merchant Resources
- Podcasts, News, Media
- bitcoincash.org - A general multi-lingual introduction.
- BCH Info - Multilingual site for general information about bitcoin cash.
- Why Bitcoin Cash? - The revolution will not be censored.
- Bitcoin.com Getting Started - Comprehensive introduction for general audiences.
State of the Project
- Three Years In: A Bitcoin Cash Update From One of Its Founders - by Jonald Fyookball
"Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin Cash is one chain of Satoshi Nakamoto's blockchain invention which was deliberately hard-forked on August 1st, 2017. It shares the whitepaper, first block, and all bitcoin block history prior to the fork. It attempts to implement the central idea outlined in that paper.
Below is a copy of the original nine page whitepaper:
- Archived copy of the bitcoin whitepaper from bitcoin.org.
- bitcoin whitepaper via ipfs.
- Websites hosting the bitcoin whitepaper [wayback archive], with sha256 hashes calculated as of May 16th 2021.
- As a webcomic - Bitcoin White Paper web comic.
- Instructions and code for building the original paper encoded on the blockchain on 2013-04-06.
Below are non-custodial open-source wallets that use features specific to Bitcoin Cash.
- Electron-Cash - Android [src] and iOS [src] versions available with more limited functionality.
- Bitcoin.com - A user friendly bitcoin wallet.
- edge.app [src] [apk] - Edge Wallet for iOS and Android. A multi-coin non-custodial wallet for BCH, XMR, ETH, LTC, DOGE, EOS, XRP, DASH, XLM and others.
- zapit - A native, non-custodial Bitcoin Cash wallet for iOS and Android.
- bread - Multicoin wallet for Android [src] and iOS [src]
- neutrino [src] - Android wallet with advanced privacy features.
- Cake Wallet [src] [apk] - An open source wallet for iOS and Android supporting XMR and other currencies.
- Electron-Cash [src] - the awesome SPV wallet for Bitcoin Cash.
- Flowee Pay [src] - A payment solution, a wallet, a basis for your new product. But currently just a desktop wallet.
- Flipstarter Plugin - plugin for crowdfunding.
- Mecenas Plugin - recurring payments.
- Last Will - dead man smart contract creation.
- bchwallet - a secure Bitcoin Cash wallet daemon written in Go (golang)
- openbazaar wallet - an SPV wallet in Go (golang) developed for openbazaar2
- bitcore-wallet - A command line wallet used for BitPay wallets.
- BCH Merchant PoS[src] - Bitcoin Cash Web Point of Sale, from SoftwareVerde.
- blockparty [src] [docs] - A simple in-browser web wallet using bitbox.earth.
- BCH Gifts - generate reclaimable preloaded paper private keys as gifts.
Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
All of these apps are mostly stable and active. Always check the notes of a particular project before risking a large sum of value. Links are checked on a weekly basis, but function is not checked.
- noise.cash - A Bitcoin Cash powered micro-blogging platform.
- read.cash - a conventionally hosted long-format blogging platform, with BCH tipping for content.
- memo.cash - short message social media site with decentralized SLP token exchange.
- lazyfox - a Bitcoin Cash powered question and answer / tasking platform.
- OnlyCoins - Adult content monetization platform.
- causes.cash [src] - a site for creating your own fundraising campaign.
- flipstarter [Introduction] [src] - a crowd funding app using anyone can pay multisig transactions.
- IPFS Flipstarter [src] - An IPFS flipstarter campaign site.
- blockchain.poker - Texas Hold'em using zero-conf for BCH deposits, BTC and BSV supported.
- bch.games - dice and numbers game.
- craft.cash [src] - Voxel world stored on Bitcoin Cash.
- Satoshi dice - a provably fair dice game.
- Enter the Sphere - NFT trading card game.
- Spin BCH - Spinning wheel based gambling using zero-conf
Bitcoin Cash is supported on hundreds of exchanges, these are a few.
- CoinEx - A BCH friendly exchange with automatic coin-splitting
- Coinbase - A regulated US based exchange.
- BCH Bull [app] - web application that allows users, "Bulls", to take long positions with leverage on Bitcoin Cash against a number of other fiat and crypto assets using the Anyhedge protocol.
- Local Cryptos - Peer-to-peer marketplace with non-custodial escrow which supports Bitcoin Cash.
- AtmoicDex - Decentralized exchange with desktop clients supporting BCH and many UTXO coins, ETH, ERC-20 tokens
- Testnet4 Faucet [src]
- Testnet Faucet [src]
- BCH Testnet Faucet [src] - Fullstack.cash faucet for tBCH.
- bitcoin-cash-faucet [src] - An on-chain faucet for tBCH and BCH using introspection.
- Blockchain Explorer [src] - Database-free, self-hosted Bitcoin Cash explorer, via RPC,
- Chaingraph [src] - A multi-node blockchain indexer and GraphQL API.
- Blockchain.com BCH explorer [bch testnet] - Established blockchain explorer.
- privacy stats - Recent list fusions.
- CashFusion Stats - Data on privacy-enhancing CashFusion transactions.
- tx street - transaction visualizer, updated with popular protocols.
- fork.lol - Site to monitor network health in relation to BTC.
- Johoe's Bitcoin Mempool Statistics [src] - Colorful mempool graphs.
- Electrum Server Status for BCH [or tBCH] - A 1209k hosted list of electrum servers
- CoinSalad - Bitcoin Cash statistics
- Mempool Project - A Bitcoin Cash (BCH) adaptation of the mempool open-source explorer.
- bitcoinfees.cash - bitcoin chain fee juxtaposition.
- helpme.cash - Getting started with SmartBCH
- smartBCH [repos] - EVM & Web3 on a sidechain of Bitcoin Cash
- Smartscan Explorer [src] - Explorer for smartBCH.
- smartBCH Stats - Grafana for SmartBCH
- hop.cash - Bridge to swap BCH for smartBCH
- Verse Dex - Uniswap based Automated Maker Model Dex for SmartBCH.
- benswap [src] - Decentralized exchanged on SmartBCH
- mistswap [src] [docs] - SEP-20 swap based on the mist SLP-token
- marketcap.cash - Market Capitalization of Bitcoin Cash SEP20 Tokens on SmartBCH
SLP Token Projects
- SLP Explorer [src] [backend src] - Open source explorer for SLP tokens.
- Electron-Cash SLP Edition [src] [releases]
- Honk Token [whitepaper] - A gambling/gaming/multipurpose SLP token.
- mistcoin [archive] [blue miner] - A mineable SLP token using a proof-of-work covenant contract
- SpiceToken - A meme token for social tipping.
- chaintip - An on-chain non-custodial tipping bot for reddit/twitter & github.
- SideShift.ai - enables HUMANS and AI to shift between 30+ cryptocurrencies.
- WhaleAlertBCH [src] - A twitter whalebot for BCH.
- Chaintip Bounties - BCH bot for github bounties.
- CCtip - Tipping for twitter, telegram, & discord.
- Address Monitor - An online utiltiy to monitor an address using bchd.
- CashAccount - Online utility for cashaccounts (address handles).
- Bitcoin.com Tools - A mix of Bitcoin utilities.
- Bitauth IDE [src] - An online IDE for developing Bitcoin Cash contracts.
- PayButton [src] - a simple html (or react component) button to accept Bitcoin Cash on a website.
- Bitcoin Paywall [src] - Wordpress paywall plugin
These are other projects dedicated to listing projects in the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem:
- Bitcoin Cash Projects - maintained by bitcoin.com.
- BCH Developments - list maintained by KeepBitcoinFree.
- Canonical awesome-bitcoin-cash - the original.
- Mainnet Cash List - A list of projects maintained at mainnet.cash
Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
A Short List
These vendors have accepted bitcoin for years and are committed (or sympathetic) toward the idea of electronic cash payments.
Although some of these may appear to only accept Bitcoin (BTC), they do, in fact, accept Bitcoin Cash also.
- Namecheap - dns, ssl and some packaged hosting.
- keys4coins - Buy PC games and gift cards with cryptocurrency.
- alfa.top - Buy mobile top-up (credit) and internet with cryptocurrency.
- CheapAir - for your travel needs.
- items sold by Newegg - good for a great headset.
- Lanieri - makes a good suit.
- partsoven - for that 3rd dimension of building.
- Bitcoin.com map - website and mobile app for discovering merchants, formerly marco coino.
Projects dedicated to listing or enabling eCommerce.
- The Accept Bitcoin Cash Initiative - list of merchants and stores.
- Bitpay Directory - partial list of websites using bitpay as a payment processor (sometimes outdated).
- Purse.io - service to privately purchase goods on Amazon.com (US) at a discount.
Some Charities and Foundations
Just some good charities for the world at large.
- Tails - The Amnesic Incognito Live System, is a security-focused Debian-based Linux distribution aimed at preserving privacy and anonymity.
- Save the Children - A United Kingdom based charity, founded in 1919, to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts. (Cryptocurrency donations are powered by The Giving Block)
- God's Love We Deliver - A non-denominational NYC charity, that delivers illness-specific meals to New Yorkers in need [especially in pandemics]. Powered by The Giving Block)
- Electronic Freedom Foundation - dedicated to ensuring that technology supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all the people of the world.
- Bitpay Charity Directory A list of charities that accept Bitcoin Cash and other cryptocurrencies.
eCommerce Merchant Resources
Bitcoin Cash Open-Source plugins
- CryptoWoo for WooCommerce - Bitcoin Cash integration for CryptoWoo
Non-Custodial Payment Processors
- Prompt.cash [demo] [docs] - Non-custodial Bitcoin Cash payment gateway
- Cash Pay Server [docs] - a self-hostable NodeJS micro-service that can be used to handle BIP70 and JSON Payment Protocol invoices for Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
BCH-to-Fiat Payment Processors
Payment Processor Status
- status.coinbase.com - Dashboard with subscriptions endpoints and post-mortems.
- status.bitpay.com - Current status with recent incidents.
- Coin Dance list - with broader developments and proposals in various states from many groups.
- developers.cash - many useful resources
- Bitcoin.com Developer Resources - Tooling and documentation developed by bitcoin.com.
- Permissionless Software Foundation Videos
- Bitcoin Cash Protocol Documentation [src] - maintained by Software Verde.
- BCH Specification - Specification hosed by flowee.org.
Bitcoin Cash Standards is a site dedicated to collecting, some of which are listed below:
Cashaddr - Format for Bitcoin Cash addresses.
Payment Requests Specification (BIP-0070) - For dealing with invoice style payments at specific amounts.
Cash Accounts - attach a human readable name to Bitcoin Cash addresses.
Memo Protocol - for the on-chain tweet style social media app.
CashID - Specification using Bitcoin Cash for secure authentication.
- List of Known Cash Improvement Proposals (CHIPs) - documents that record proposals to upgrade the Bitcoin Cash protocol, and their ongoing progress, both technical and consensus-building.
- Process for Cash Improvement Proposals (CHIPs) - a shared ecosystem process to achieve one positive change on the BCH network.
- Bitcoin Mining Parliament [README] [src] - a decentralized place to talk, vote and more with delegated hashpower.
- Cashscript [src] [playground] - a solidity-style language that compiles to Bitcoin Cash Script.
- AutoCove - Electrum-cash script decoder.
- meep - a command line Bitcoin Cash script debugger.
- Cashscript VS Code plugin [src] - Visual Studio Code extension for cashscript.
- bitauth ide [src] [video intro] - an integrated development environment for bitcoin authentication.
- spedn [src] [docs] - a high level smart contract language that compiles to Bitcoin Cash Script.
- BCHN [src] [docs] - a descendant of the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin ABC software projects with independent development team. C/C++.
- BitcoinUnlimited [src] - a full node implentation focused on supporting user needs, C/C++.
- Flowee the Hub [src] - a node supporting a suite of software focused on payment integration. C++
- Bitcoin Verde [src] [docs] - java implementation with the goal of being interoperable with mining nodes.
- Knuth [src] - a high performance implementation of the Bitcoin protocol focused on applications needing extra capacity and resilience.
- bchd [src] [docs] - alternative implementation written in Go (golang)
- Bitcoin Cash Research - Site dedicated to technical research on Bitcoin Cash.
- Bitcoin Cash Discussions [youtube] - Site for hosting live meetings and discussions about protocols
Open-Source Teams Building on Bitcoin Cash
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
-- An African Proverb.
There are various groups developing software stacks & apps for the broader ecosystem.
- Electron Cash [repos] - Team maintaining a desktop SPV wallet with plugins and mobile app (Python)
- Flowee [repos] - Team maintaining a non-mining full node and services to access the Bitcoin Cash network. (C++, NodeJs et al)
Simple Payment Verification (SPV)
- Fulcrum - A fast & nimble SPV Server for Bitcoin Cash.
- ElectrsCash - Electron Cash Server, rust implementation.
Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP Token)
- Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP) [specs] - for handling ERC-20 style tokens.
- Simple Ledger Postage Protocol - Protocol for sending SLP tokens without BCH "gas".
- Simple Ledger [repos] - Group leading SLP token integration. (Typescript & Python)
- SLP Indexer [src]
- SLP Explorer [src] [backend src] - Slp explorer for bitcoin cash.
- SLPDB [src] [doc] - simpleledger indexer
- gs++ [src] [doc] - a fast SLP indexer, validator, and graph search server.
- SLP Stream [src] [doc] - a frontend API for GS++ that provides a streaming output of new transactions.
- goslp - SLP go libraries.
- SLP Indexer - bitcoin.com indexer.
- SLP Icons - Hosted icons for slp tokens.
Libraries & SDKs
- Developer tools - Page devoted to high level developer tools.
- Mainnet Cash List - A list of useful services for developers.
- mainnet [tutorial] [rest spec] - Typescript library, also available via rest api, or over rest from python, golang, php generated clients, et. al
- Insomnia [src] - Swagger/OpenAPI3 specification for ElectrumX
- BitBox OpenAPI 3 (Swagger) spec - for rest.bitcoin.com see: openapi-generator
- PayButton [src] - Front end library that makes it easier to accept Bitcoin Cash by adding a buy button.
- Libauth [src] - an ultra-lightweight, zero-dependency library for Bitcoin Cash and Bitauth applications. (Formerly
- mainnet-js [src] - Typescript library, also available over rest.
- bch-js [docs]
- electrum-cli - Super simple command line electrum client.
- signup.cash [src] - Non-custodial platform as a service for building decentralized apps.
- bitcash [src] - python3 library.
- bchd python bindings - sample protobuf based python client for bchd.
- jtoomim/p2pool - jtoomim fork of bitcoin pool mining software.
- bitcoincashj - Bitcoin Cash library for Java
- Breadwallet Core - SPV bitcoin C library.
- cashp - Library for BCH and SLP tokens.
- rbch - Extraction and Statistical Analysis of Data from the BCH Blockchain
Podcasts, News, Media
Bitcoin Cash focussed media and content.