86Box Manager is an optional configuration manager for the 86Box emulator. It's released under the MIT license, so it can be freely distributed with 86Box. See the
LICENSE file for license information and
AUTHORS for a complete list of contributors and authors.
It's written in C# with Windows Forms. Please see the wiki for additional information.
- Powerful, lightweight and completely optional
- Create multiple isolated virtual machines
- Give each virtual machine a unique name and an optional description
- Run multiple virtual machines at the same time
- Control virtual machines from the Manager (pause, reset, etc.)
- A tray icon so the Manager window doesn't get in your way
System requirements are the same as for 86Box. Additionally, the following is required:
- 86Box 3.0 or later (earlier builds don't support all the features the Manager expects)
- .NET Framework 4.6
If you have any issues, questions, suggestions, etc., please follow the troubleshooting steps or visit the official 86Box support channels on IRC and Discord (see the main 86Box repo for links). Lead developer, daviunic, is often idling there under the name Overdoze.
- Download the desired build here
- Go to Settings, choose the folder where
86Box.exeis located (along with the roms folder) and a folder where your virtual machines will be located (for configs, nvr folders, etc.)
- Start creating new virtual machines and enjoy
- Clone the repo
86BoxManager.slnsolution file in Visual Studio
- Make your changes
- Choose the
- Build the solution
86Manager.exeis now in