86Box Manager is the official (though optional) configuration manager for the 86Box emulator. It's released under the MIT license, so it can be freely distributed with 86Box. See the
LICENSE file for more information.
It's written in C# with Windows Forms using Visual Studio 2017.
- Powerful, lightweight and completely optional
- Create multiple isolated virtual machines
- Give each virtual machine a unique name and an optional description
- Run multiple virtual machines at the same time
- Control virtual machines from the Manager (pause, reset, etc.)
- A tray icon so the Manager window doesn't get in your way
Same as for 86Box. Additionally, the following is required:
- 86Box build 1799 or later (earlier builds don't support all the features the Manager expects)
- .NET Framework 4.0
How to use
- Download the desired build
- Run 86Manager.exe
- Choose the folder where 86Box.exe is located (along with the roms folder) and a folder where your virtual machines will be located (for configs, nvr folders, etc.)
- Start creating new virtual machines and enjoy
Please see the wiki section for additional information for end users.
How to build
- Clone the repo
- Open 86BoxManager.sln solution file in Visual Studio 2017
- Make your changes
- Choose the "Release" configuration and "x86" platform/CPU
- Build solution
- 86Manager.exe is now in Bin\x86\Release\
Please see the wiki section for additional information for contributors.
If you have any issues, questions, suggestions, etc., please open an issue here on GitHub or visit the official 86Box support channels on IRC and Discord (see the main 86Box repo for links). Lead developer, daviunic, is often idling there under the name Overdoze.