A bot for the CSS discord server, written in Python 3.6 using discord.py.
See also CSSBot, same idea just in C#.
Installation / Setup / Usage
This project is meant for Python 3.6. Please ensure that you have that installed and working, then come back here.
You'll probably need to install a few packages and Python 3.6 first.
python3.6 -m pip install -r requirements.txt sudo apt-get install libffi-dev python3.6-dev
- Register your own discord bot for testing with.
- Navigate to the Discord API docs and log in: https://discordapp.com/developers/applications/me (if you log in for the first time, it'll probably take you to the app, so go back again).
- Click on the "New App" button
- Name your app. Click "Create App"
- Click "Create a Bot User" (Discord API supports a few types of apps/bots, but we are building a bot)
- Locate your bot's user token. Your user token must not be shared with anyone. If it is posted publicly, change it ASAP.
- Clone the repo using
git clone https://github.com/Chris-Johnston/CSSBot_Py.git
- Create a new file in your CSSBot_Py directory:
- Populate the file with the following contents:
Run the following command:
The first lines should read something like:
discordpy 1.0.0a Logged in SomeUser - 1234567890 Version 1.0.0a
(for future consideration, considering looking into virtualenv, Docker, or just using a screen in the background to run the bot)
Feel free to add whatever changes in a pull request. Feature requests should be added under Issues. All changes will be discussed before they are committed to the main branch.
Here are some resources to get you started: