CompuCell3D is a multiscale multicellular virtual tissue modeling and simulation environment. CompuCell3D is written in C++ and provides Python bindings for model and simulation development in Python. CompuCell3D is supported on Windows, Mac and Linux.
Binary distributions of CompuCell3D are available for download at the CompuCell3D project page. Binaries of CompuCell3D are also available via conda,
conda install -c compucell3d -c conda-forge cc3d
Instructions for building CompuCell3D from source are available at the CompuCell3D project page.
- Model development for CompuCell3D is best performed using the Twedit++ IDE.
- CompuCell3D simulations can be interactively executed with real-time rendering using CompuCell3D Player.
- Core CompuCell3D modeling and simulation features are documented in the CompuCell3D Reference Manual.
- CompuCell3D Python model and simulation development and walkthroughs are documented in the Python Scripting Manual for CompuCell3D.
- CompuCell3D is distributed with an extensive repository of demos.
- CompuCell3D Extensions offer integrated third-party modeling and simulation capabilities.