Rule Table Repository
A library of the rule tables and related source code for specific cellular automata. In the process we're developing an open file format of variables and transitions to capture the rules of various CA. Utilities for converting to and from these representations are included.
The repository now contains over 70 different CA rules!
- The Rules - the CA rule tables.
- The Format - about the original rule table file format.
- The New All-in-One Format - about the combined .rule format.
- The Roadmap - current and possible future format extensions.
- Using Rule Tables - how to use rule tables, in your own program or elsewhere.
- Submitting New Rules - how to submit new rules, and the guidelines.
- Future Work
- To develop and promote an open file format for rule tables.
- To be the most comprehensive list of CA rule tables.
- To provide a place for the community to share rule tables.
- To support Golly, the program that helped create the idea of a standard rule table format.