Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Users & Authorization Levels
All access to ECGridOS requires a User account and API Key. All system access is monitored and logged to the UserID. Any problems or malicious activity can be quickly identified and attributed to the specific account.
There is an extensive list of User methods within the APIs.
By default, any one UserID may have 5 simultaneous sessions open. As sessions should only be open for the length of a specific request, this does not substantially limit how systems access ECGridOS.
A housekeeping process will regularly clear out expired sessions, but this should not be considered a dependable process. You may also use the UserReset method to reset the open session count.
To see the number of currently open sessions, use the WhoAmI method.
Maintaining valid Email addresses is very important in order to provide proactive messaging from ECGrid.
ECGrid will be making extensive use of cell phone text messaging. Please be sure that any UserIDs used to monitor critical functions of the infrastructure have valid cell phone numbers entered into their accounts.
Different Authorization Levels allow varied access to areas of ECGridOS. Please see Networks & Mailboxes for more information on ECGrid hierarchies.
- Mailbox User
- Access is strictly restricted to the Session Network/Mailbox.
- Mailbox Administrator
- Access is strictly restricted to the Session Network/Mailbox. Also granted authority to manage other Mailbox Users assigned to the same Session Network/Mailbox.
- Network User
- Access is restricted to all Mailboxes with in the Session Network.
- Network Administrator
- Access is restricted to all Mailboxes with in the Session Network. Also granted the authority to manage other Network Users and Mailbox Administrators assigned to the same Session Network.
- NetOps - Only available to Loren Data staff, allows access throughout the ECGrid to assist an manage all Networks and Mailboxes.