The Semanticscience Integrated Ontology (SIO) provides a simple, integrated ontology of types and relations for rich description of objects, processes and their attributes. Have a look at a brief overview of SIO, its design principles and design patterns, and the published paper on SIO.
The OWL2 ontology is available at http://semanticscience.org/ontology/sio.owl Subsets of SIO have been prepared for modular import.
view the ontology at
Resolution of SIO identifiers is currently being done with Ontobee.
- protein: http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_010043
- dataset: http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_000089
- data analysis: http://semanticscience.org/resource/SIO_001051
Resources that use this ontology include:
- Bio2RDF Linked Data for the Life Sciences
- SADI Semantic Web Services.
- DisGeNET's gene-disease associations
- The NCBI's PubChem RDF for measurement values
- The EBI's Gene Expression Atlas
- The Graph4Code project
If you have questions please send to SIO mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org; http://groups.google.com/group/sio-ontology). If you have term requests, just use the issue tracker.