The most popular Chrome extension YouTube video player.
Start by cloning the development branch. All PRs should be submitted to the development branch.
- For more information regarding development of Chrome extensions, see Getting Started: Building a Chrome Extension
- For more information regarding Chrome extension APIs, see Chrome Platform APIs
You will need to have Node, Grunt, and jspm installed on your system. After installing Node, navigate using a terminal to the directory in which you cloned Streamus. Then, perform the following command to install dependencies:
npm install jspm install
You will need to modify the example key files located in the /js/background/key/ directory. Copy
youTubeAPIKey.js.example, rename it to
youTubeAPIKey.js and replace the example API key with your own. Production keys are not committed to GitHub. The example key provided should not be relied upon for anything other than testing and it may be revoked without warning. You are strongly encouraged to generate your own key.
Ensure that the property 'localDebug' is set to false unless you have configured an instance of Streamus' server on your local machine. The localDebug property can be found at /js/background/application.js.
Loading the extension
- Navigate to chrome://extensions/
- Ensure the checkbox labeled Developer mode is enabled.
- Click the button labeled Load unpacked extension...
- Select the directory /StreamusChromeExtension/compiled (Note: this directory won't exist by default. See Compiling code for more details)
Test cases may be ran by navigating to chrome-extension://jbnkffmindojffecdhbbmekbmkkfpmjd/test.html, but only after the extension package has been loaded into Google Chrome.
Alternatively, tests may be ran through grunt via
with translation support provided by a community of volunteers.