README for OpenFOAM-history
Copyright (c) 2015 OpenFOAM Foundation.
Copyright (c) 2015 OpenCFD Ltd. (See Changes)
About this version
The OpenFOAM-history repository is a frozen, unsupported version, and not under active development. It is not the official version of OpenFOAM (see OpenFOAM Foundation for information relating to official releases). It consolidates a history of contributions by OpenCFD, sponsors and partners, committed to releasing code openly under the terms of the GPL.
OpenFOAM is a free, open source computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software package released by the OpenFOAM Foundation. It has a large user base across most areas of engineering and science, from both commercial and academic organisations. OpenFOAM has an extensive range of features to solve anything from complex fluid flows involving chemical reactions, turbulence and heat transfer, to solid dynamics and electromagnetics.
OpenFOAM is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version. See the file
COPYING in this directory or
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/, for a description of the GNU General Public
License terms under which you can copy the files.
- OpenCFD 19/03/2015: Title: Updated version to OpenFOAM-history
- OpenCFD 19/03/2015: Author: OpenFOAM Foundation to OpenCFD Ltd.
- OpenCFD 19/03/2015: Date: date of changes
- OpenCFD 19/03/2015: Added ‘About this version’ paragraph
- OpenCFD 19/03/2015: Added trademark information
- OpenCFD 22/09/2015: Removed ‘Reporting bugs in OpenFOAM’ link
- OpenCFD 22/09/2015: Removed ‘Contacting the OpenFOAM Foundation’ link
OpenFOAM is a registered trademark of ESI/OpenCFD Ltd