Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
RxJava is a Java VM implementation of ReactiveX (Reactive Extensions): a library for composing asynchronous and event-based programs by using observable sequences.
For more information about ReactiveX, see the Introduction to ReactiveX page.
RxJava is Lightweight
RxJava tries to be very lightweight. It is implemented as a single JAR that is focused on just the Observable abstraction and related higher-order functions.
RxJava is a Polyglot Implementation
RxJava is meant for a more polyglot environment than just Java/Scala, and it is being designed to respect the idioms of each JVM-based language. (This is something we’re still working on.)
The following external libraries can work with RxJava:
- Hystrix latency and fault tolerance bulkheading library.
- Camel RX provides an easy way to reuse any of the Apache Camel components, protocols, transports and data formats with the RxJava API
rxjava-http-tail allows you to follow logs over HTTP, like
- mod-rxvertx - Extension for VertX that provides support for Reactive Extensions (RX) using the RxJava library
- rxjava-jdbc - use RxJava with jdbc connections to stream ResultSets and do functional composition of statements
- rtree - immutable in-memory R-tree and R*-tree with RxJava api including backpressure