Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Available in Proton 3.16 Beta:
- Proton now ships with corefonts support. This should fix many games with missing text, or that crash due to missing font support.
- Significant Steamworks compatibility improvements. This should fix SOULCALIBUR VI's network failure when launched through Steam Play.
- For Direct3D games (both DXVK and wined3d), Nvidia cards are now reported as if they are actually AMD cards. This prevents games from trying to load the Windows-only nvapi library and crashing or giving very bad performance.
- Mouse focus and clipping improvements.
- Upgrade OpenVR SDK support.
- Fix for a keyboard input issue in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
- Fixed debug DXVK, again; same issue as originally fixed by 3.7-2 surfaced again with our new build system
- Enabled more optimizations and instruction sets for Wine
- Minor alt-tab fixes for Unreal Engine 1 games
- DXVK is again built as a Windows DLL, due to incompatibilities with the Steam runtime. This should fix widespread crashes with Direct3D 11 titles.
- DXVK updated to 0.90.
- Fix for alt-tab crashing on Unreal Engine 1 games, including Deus Ex.
- PROTON_USE_WINED3D11 is now called PROTON_USE_WINED3D to reflect that this variable affects more than Direct3D 11. The old name still works as an alias.
- Rebased Proton patches onto Wine 3.16.
- Updated Vulkan support in Wine to 1.1.86, plus support for transform feedback.
- DXVK has been updated to 0.81 plus support for transform feedback which should fix missing models in many D3D11 games. Transform feedback requires using Mesa git or NVIDIA's 396.54.09 Vulkan Beta driver.
- DXVK's d3d10 mode is now enabled by default.
- DXVK is now built as a native Linux library, which may give a small performance boost, and should make debugging easier for DXVK and driver developers.
- Missing textures for models in some VR games has been resolved.
- Ask the window manager to bypass the compositor in fullscreen mode. This may improve performance in some situations.
- All new makefile-based build system.
Available in Proton 3.7:
- Minor compatibility fixes in preparation for future Proton versions.
- Improvements to alt-tab and fullscreen behavior in many games.
- Fix mouse behavior in some games and mice with high sample rates.
- Update DXVK to v0.80.
- Fix failure to start VR games.
- Improvements to fullscreen games running at non-native resolutions.
- Compatibility fix for games that use Steam integration.
- Return to previous D3D10 behavior in DXVK to allow games to fallback to D3D9.
- Performance improvements for timing APIs in CPU-limited scenarios
- Automatically capture mouse in fullscreen windows is enabled by default.
- More display ratios have smaller resolutions available.
- Fix a crash on old versions of SDL.
- Fix for mouse cursor drifting in Deus Ex.
- Debug script dump directory can be configured with
- Further improvements to fullscreen focus and python3 compatibility.
- Support python3 as well as python2. This removes the requirement for python2 to be installed.
- DXVK updated to v0.70, view that changelog here: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases DXVK's DX10 support is not yet enabled.
- Fullscreen games should more consistently gain keyboard focus on Ubuntu with gnome-shell. This can also help with games that auto-minimize on launch.
- Some useful default logging can be enabled with
PROTON_LOG=1 %command%in the Steam game launch options. Logs will be dumped to $HOME/steam-$APPID.log. WINEDEBUG can still be set in user_settings.py for more extensive debugging.
- Debug scripts are no longer dumped to /tmp/ by default. They must now be enabled with
PROTON_DUMP_DEBUG_COMMANDS=1 %command%in the Steam game launch options. They have also been moved to /tmp/proton_$USER/.
- Controllers will hopefully no longer cause long delays on startup on some systems (winehq bug 45084).
- Fixed missing 32-bit libraries
- Fixed debug DXVK
- Initial release
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.