I'm a full stack developer and a cloud architecture consultant. I teach development teams how to build clean software. I mentor developers in the application of an API First, Domain Driven and Test Driven Design Strategy.
- United States Naval Academy (Quantitative Economics)
- The George Washington University (MBA)
- Experienced Manager | Personable Leader | Proactive Problem Solver | Innovative Thinker
- Full Stack Developer using Test Driven Development techniques and Object Oriented / Domain Driven Design principles
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified through Project Management Institute
- PHP, Solidity, Node.js, Ruby, SQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch
- Domain Driven Design, Functional Programming, Cryptography Schemes, Microservices, API First Strategy
- AWS, Docker, Ethereum, Laravel, Symfony, Rails, Express
- Cryptography | Zero Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Technology
- Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence (Neural Networks)
- Domain Driven Design | Functional Programming
- Offshore Sailing and Jeep Overlanding
- Traveling to Croatia to visit my wife’s family
- Riding my bike with my Vizsla
A few highlighted code samples from my open source packages:
- JSON:API helper library to cleanly import included relationships
- JSON record version control for PHP
- Quickly create PHP class instances for testing using Faker and Firehose Hydrator
- PHP Reflection Class helper to Instantiate, Mutate, and Extract data directly within a class
- Self validating PHP objects from JSON Schema
- PHP Utility for EADS APIs
- Attribute Based Access Control proof of concept
- Laravel Form Request validator which uses JSON Schema for configuration versus Laravel's validation array attributes
- A helper class (gem) to translate a string of filters into usable sql to modify active record queries.
- Converts a JSON API response into a navigatable json object.
- Airhound The backend solution for an EPA proof of concept challenge.
- A Dependency Injection container for Node.
- An Event Bus with an extendable Subscriber class
- A Laravel-like model factory using faker.js
- A light framework to register/bootstrap modules into an IoC Container. Loosely modeled after Laravel.
2Book | Vice President of Engineering | Charleston, South Carolina | 2017 - Present
540 | Senior Software Architect | Arlington, Virginia | 2015 - 2017
- Technology consulting geeks who help government and business clients innovate like start-ups
- Systems Engineer specializing in software architecture and API design
- Subject Matter Expert on development best practices such as API First Strategy, Agile Scrum Methodologies, Test Driven Development, and Domain Driven Design
- Provide technical expertise directing the design, integration, testing and deployment of new technologies and information systems
- Develop backend applications in Express and Elasticsearch complete with API documentation using Swagger (Open API) and full code coverage through Jasmine and Istanbul
- Lead backend developer on a single page application using a Ruby on Rails API and an AngularJS frontend.
- Maintained a backend code coverage of 99% using RSpec.
Charity Champs | Co-founder & Developer | Arlington, Virginia | 2013 - 2017
- An innovative approach to charity raising through competitive events and gamification
- Created, designed, and developed the application’s functional and technical workflow
- Developed the backend architecture using the Laravel framework and MySQL
- Designed the RESTful API interface for backend JSON services using Swagger
- Integrated third party services such as Stripe, Network For Good, and Charity Navigator
- Provided functional code coverage using PHPUnit, Mockery, and Faker libraries
ViiMed | Senior Software Developer | Washington, District of Columbia | 2013 - 2015
- A digital healthcare software company that empowers providers to meaningfully engage their patients
- Lead Systems Engineer in charge of systems integration. Led a team of developers in the architectural integration of external healthcare information systems via REST and SOAP services. Managed project development using Agile methodologies and daily scrum meetings
- Led the architectural redesign of legacy code from a single framework into a distributed service oriented architecture (SOA) connected via RESTful services
- Refactored legacy code base into a more modern object oriented architecture (SOLID) while concurrently creating Unit and Integration test coverage
- Designed a new internal development process where new features were integrated using semantic versioning via package dependency managers
- Integrated new features using various third-party APIs such as SMS and Text-to-Speech reminders through Twilio integration, geo-fencing check-ins with Google Maps, and an ROI calculator using AngularJS, Google Charts and D3.js