I am a software engineer having several years of professional experience within different roles. I have made several contributions to open source and helped creating different online communities. Besides contributing to open source I enjoy interacting with people and tinkering with software development in general. Currently, I am working at Crate.IO GmbH.
Things from my own pen and contributions to other projects
Receiving contributions to any of them makes me happy. Enjoy!
- Kotori - A flexible data historian based on InfluxDB, Grafana, MQTT and more.
- Terkin - A datalogger for MicroPython and CPython.
- mqttwarn - Subscribe to MQTT topics and notify pluggable services.
Earth observations / Open Data
- Wetterdienst - Python Toolset For Accessing Weather Data From German Weather Service.
- Luftdatenpumpe - Process live and historical data from luftdaten.info, IRCELINE and OpenAQ. Filter by station-id, sensor-id and sensor-type, apply reverse geocoding, store into timeseries and RDBMS databases, publish to MQTT, output as JSON or visualize in Grafana.
- phenodata - A data acquisition and manipulation toolkit for open access phenology data.
- Grafana Map Panel - Fork of the original Grafana Worldmap Panel with improved convenience, robustness and features.
- grafanimate - Animate timeseries data with Grafana.
- grafana-wtf - Grep through all Grafana entities in the spirit of git-wtf.
- discodoc - Create hardcopy-like documents from Discourse content easily.
- github-to-discourse - Forward any 'push' webhooks it receives to a specified thread on a Discourse forum.
- PatZilla - A modular patent information research platform and data integration toolkit with a modern user interface and access to multiple data sources.
- Vasuki - Vasuki generates different kinds of random unique identifiers, tokens and words. Aims to make identifier generation effortless.
- Shaka Packager - A media packaging and development framework for VOD and Live DASH and HLS applications, which is part of the infrastructure powering YouTube.
- Pycom MicroPython - The firmware powering Pycom devices, a fork of MicroPython.
- lovely.testlayers - Testlayers for Python's unittest and zope.testrunner.
- xmpppy - Python 2/3 implementation of XMPP (RFC3920, RFC3921).