- Fixed regression in library discovery (failing to compile bundled libs, like SD or Ethernet, on some platforms)
- Fix status bar custom board preferences disappearing (thanks @magedrifaat)
- Boards Manager bugfix: sometimes the "Install" button appeared instead of "Update" after entering a search term.
- Libraries/Boards Manager: the Type and Category filters are kept after install/uninstall.
- Added 'deprecated' label support in Boards Manager, platforms marked as deprecated are shown at the bottom of the list.
- Serial Plotter: line endings dropdown menu now comply with the global preference settings. (thanks @sceniclife)
- Libraries Manager: Maintainer is displayed instead of the Author.
- Firmware Updater: Added new firmwares and support for Nano RP2040 Connect.
- Boards Manager: cached 3rd party package_index.json are no more deleted if the origin URL is removed from preferences, this allows other tools (like arduino-cli), that may have different URLs configuration, to work properly.
- The board configuration submenus are now scrollable.
- New shortcut: Shift+click on Serial Monitor button will open the Serial Plotter. (thanks @n-elia)
- Fixed NPE if no board is selected. (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Improved lib detection: check for matching name in library.properties
- Fix compile if invalid build.options.json is found (thanks @d-a-v)
- Improved error messages for .cpp/.h file in the sketch
- Fixed crash on MacOSX >=10.15 with multiple monitor setups.
- The boards in the boards list in the "Tools" menu are now grouped by platform. This should make the selection
easier when there are lots of boards loaded in the IDE. (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Fixed save of proxy username/password settings in "manual proxy" section.
- In "Tools / Programmers" menu only shows programmers related to the currently selected board. (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Fixed: sketch window out-of-display if the IDE is restarted after removing an external monitor.
- Allow baudrate/config change when the Serial Monitor/Plotter is disabled. (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Updated jmdns to 3.5.5. Should improve network board detection.
- Optimized libraries scanning during startup. (thanks @ricardojlrufino)
- Better vertical centering of file names in tabs. (thanks @ricardojlrufino)
- Better console rendering of progress bar during upload. (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Fixed invalid http "Accept" header.
- Updated arduino-builder to 1.5.4
- FIX REGRESSION: Fixed precompiled libraries containing "wrapper" code that has to be compiled together
with the precompiled part.
- Removed automatic '--relax' for compiles on Atmega2560 MCU
- Fixed skethbook+bootloader hex merger when the bootloader is in .bin format.
- Fixed relative path errors when traversing different partitions (in particular on macosx for larger sketches)
- Added #define variable during lib discovery phase
- Improved progress report from compile
- Updated AVR core to 1.8.3:
- Wire class now supports timeout
- Upgraded avr-gcc to 7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino7
Reverted the bundled Java JRE to the latest freely redistributable Oracle JRE for all platforms except:
- macOS (due to notarization)
- aarch64 (due to missing graphical support)
Switching to AdoptJDK demonstrated to be more challenging than expected, bringing in some corner case bugs that were not being caught by our testing procedures:
To guarantee the best user experience we decided to revert to the latest working JRE until all the issues are resolved.
Improved visualization of compiler errors (@matthijskooijman)
Fixed: "Comparison method violates its original contract" error in library manager
Serial monitor is no more cleared during upload, so it can be copy/pasted (@PaulStoffregen)
- Updated arduino-builder to 1.5.2.
- FIX REGRESSION: library priority selection for bundled libraries (like SD or Ethernet)
- FIX REGRESSION: use AVR core installed via Board Manager (when present) instead of the one bundled in the IDE
- Improved precompiled libraries handling
- FIX: paths with spaces are now correctly printed in compiler output
- FIX: Serial plotter do not hang if empty lines are received
- A lot of accessibility improvements in Libs and Board managers GUI for screen readers (thanks @joew46167)
- Sligtly improved support for themes in Libs and Board managers (thanks @matthijskooijman)
- Serial plotter: added serial input text field (thanks @cactorium)
- MacOSX: support for notarization (thanks @PaulStoffregen for the support)
- Fix wrong bracket match rectangle on auto format (thanks @magedrifaat)
- Pluggable discoveries: runtime.platform.path and runtime.hardware.path are now available as variables (thanks @PaulStoffregen)
- Updated arduino-builder to 1.5.1
- FIX: missed library-detection cache (forcing lib detection on each build)
- FIX: Windows: the build folder may reside on a different partition
- FIX: Segfault in arduino-builder with -dump-prefs if no sketch is specified
- FIX: Allow loading of global user-define platform.txt
- FIX: Fixed nil pointer exception on some rare case with multiple libs
- FIX: Print "multiple libraries found for header.h" message only when it really happens
- FIX: Fixed library priorities on some rare circumstances
- updated AVR core to 1.8.2
- updated to 0.10.10
- Live font resize now applies to console and serial monitor too @Pieter12345
- Make it easier to build the IDE from sources on Windows @Pieter12345
- Smaller Preference window, suitable for supersmall screens
- Cache downloaded json and only retrieve them when changed @mattiabertorello
- Suspend serial monitor if the board gets disconnected abruptly
- Libraries can now declare dependencies that will be proposed during lib installation
- SerialPlotter: allow adding labels @chromhelm
- Support tar.xz archives for Board Manager @vowstar
- SerialMonitor: add command history (via arrow keys) @Pieter12345
- Accessibility: add checkbox to enable accessibility in Preferences @joew46167
This mode enables a plethora of improvements on voiceover and keyboard navigation.
eg. links become accessible buttons, lists are scrollable via arrow keys without much pain
- Add latest NINA firmware
- Bundle new avr toolchain (fixes lto issue with 5.4.0 and 64bit compatibility with upcoming macOS Catalina)
- updated arduino-builder to 1.4.7 (based on the new arduino-cli)
- New target! ARM64 boards are now fully supported (Nvidia Jetson and RaspberryPi3 with 64bit operating system)
- Fix UTF8 related bugs on Windows
- Fixed: can now compile again using OpenJDK (removed dependency on JavaFx)
- Fixed: only use touchBar on OSX 10.12 or higher
- PluggableDiscovery: easily add your own discoverer and make it available in Boards/Port menu (thanks @PaulStoffregen for the idea and the initial implementation)
- LibManager: reduce slowdown when searching
- Fixed: ensure a sketch line is visible when it contains an error and must be highlighted
- Linux: the installer now tries to install a symlink is /usr/local/bin (this doesn't affect usual non-systemwide installation) Thanks @2E0PGS
- Fix firmware upgrade not being available for 3rd party WINC boards
- Updated arduino-builder to 1.4.4
- Use lexicographic distance as last chance to spot the right library (if every other tecnique failed)
- Fix some prototypes being inserted in the middle of a function
- Fixed: command line parsing of version parameters when installing cores/libraries
- Platform indexes are now downloaded using https
- Fixed: on some newer linux distrubitions, NPE when loading GTK look-and-feel without libgtk2 installed
- MacOSX: added touch bar support
- MacOSX: do not exit app after closing last window
- Fixed: serial monitor timestamps not always printed. Thanks @nitram509
- Kill active programmer if still alive after closing last IDE window
- Fixed: "Export compiled binary" now works also with unsaved sketches
- Improved automatic port re-selection after upload
- Added scroller to "INCOMPATIBLE" examples menu
- Added firmware upgrade for NINA-based boards