Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Viewing provenance in a relational database
SQL Workbench/J is a free tool that can be downloaded from Thomas Kellerer. To use SQL Workbench/J for viewing H2 SQL databases generated by SPADE, perform the following steps:
Initial setup (this only needs to be performed once):
- The H2 Java library is required for use with SQL Workbench/J. This will be located in the
libdirectory of your SPADE installation. If you do not have SPADE downloaded/installed, the library can be downloaded from here.
- Start SQL Workbench/J.
- Go to File --> Manage Drivers.
- Select H2 Database Engine from the list.
- For Library, enter the path to the H2 Java library.
Viewing H2 SQL databases:
- Go to File --> Connect.
- Select H2 Database Engine from the Driver list.
- For URL, enter the path to the H2 SQL database without the extension. For example, if the database file is located at
/tmp/databasein the URL field.
- Leave the password blank.
- Click OK to connect to the H2 SQL database.
The Database Explorer tab can now be used to view/browse the data:
The Statement tab can be used to execute SQL statements in the database: