- What is .NET?
- How can I contribute?
- Reporting security issues and security bugs
- Filing issues
- Useful Links
- .NET Foundation
This repo contains the code to build the .NET runtime, libraries and shared host (
dotnet) installers for
all supported platforms, as well as the sources to .NET runtime and libraries.
Official Starting Page: https://dotnet.microsoft.com
- How to use .NET (with VS, VS Code, command-line CLI)
We welcome contributions! Many people all over the world have helped make this project better.
- Contributing explains what kinds of contributions we welcome
- Workflow Instructions explains how to build and test
- Get Up and Running on .NET Core explains how to get nightly builds of the runtime and its libraries to test them in your own projects.
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter. You can also find these instructions in this repo's Security doc.
Also see info about related Microsoft .NET Core and ASP.NET Core Bug Bounty Program.
This repo should contain issues that are tied to the runtime, the class libraries and frameworks, the installation of the
dotnet binary (sometimes known as the
muxer) and installation of the .NET runtime and libraries.
For other issues, please file them to their appropriate sibling repos. We have links to many of them on our new issue page.
- .NET Core source index / .NET Framework source index
- API Reference docs
- .NET API Catalog (incl. APIs from daily builds and API usage info)
- API docs writing guidelines - useful when writing /// comments
- .NET Discord Server - a place to discuss the development of .NET and its ecosystem
.NET Runtime is a .NET Foundation project.
There are many .NET related projects on GitHub.
- .NET home repo - links to 100s of .NET projects, from Microsoft and the community.
- ASP.NET Core home - the best place to start learning about ASP.NET Core.
General .NET OSS discussions: .NET Foundation Discussions
.NET (including the runtime repo) is licensed under the MIT license.