This repo contains the code to build the .NET Core runtime, libraries and shared host (
dotnet) installers for
all supported platforms, as well as the sources to .NET Core runtime and libraries.
What is .NET Core?
Official Starting Page: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/
- How to use .NET (with VS, VS Code, command-line CLI)
How can I contribute?
We welcome contributions! Many people all over the world have helped make this project better.
For further information see Contributing.
Reporting security issues and security bugs
Security issues and bugs should be reported privately, via email, to the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message. Further information, including the MSRC PGP key, can be found in the Security TechCenter.
Also see info about related Microsoft .NET Core and ASP.NET Core Bug Bounty Program.
This repo should contain issues that are tied to the runtime, the class libraries and frameworks, the installation of the
dotnet binary (sometimes known as the
muxer) and installation of the .NET Core runtime and libraries.
For other issues, please use the following repos:
- For overall .NET Core SDK issues, file in the dotnet/toolset repo
- For ASP.NET issues, file in the aspnet/aspnetcore repo.
- .NET Core source index / .NET Framework source index
- API Reference docs
- .NET API Catalog (incl. APIs from daily builds and API usage info)
- API docs writing guidelines - useful when writing /// comments
Note: Our Linux packages (.deb and .rpm) are put together slightly differently than the Windows and Mac specific installers. Instead of combining everything, we have separate component packages that depend on each other. If you're installing these directly from the installer files (via dpkg or similar), then you'll need to install them in the order presented above.
.NET Core is a .NET Foundation project.
There are many .NET related projects on GitHub.
- .NET home repo - links to 100s of .NET projects, from Microsoft and the community.
- ASP.NET Core home - the best place to start learning about ASP.NET Core.
General .NET OSS discussions: .NET Foundation forums
.NET (including the runtime repo) is licensed under the MIT license.