Discord Rich Presence for Eclipse IDE
Show the world the projects you're working on!
Discord Rich Presence for Eclipse IDE is a plug-in that uses Rich Presence in order to display information related to your current work in Discord.
- Exposure: have a great project? Show it to the world!
- Customization: don't like the wording or the icons? Provide your own!
- Extensibility: have a custom Eclipse editor? We can support it!
- Privacy: working on a secret project? Show only what you want!
Please take a look at the documentation for further information about installation, use and customizations.
Discord will automatically be notified as soon as the plug-in is installed. The plug-in can be deactivated from the Eclipse's Preferences (
Discord Rich Presence > Uncheck Activate Rich Presence Integration).
The plug-in is available in the Eclipse Marketplace.
Drag the following button to your running Eclipse workspace to start the installation:
Or show how to install it manually
- Open Eclipse IDE
- Go to Help > Install New Software...
- Copy the update site’s URL in the Work with textbox:
- Hit Enter and wait for the list to load
- Check Discord Rich Presence for Eclipse IDE
- Click Next then Finish
Discord does not detect Eclipse IDE as a game
If Discord is not showing anything, ensure that Eclipse IDE is detected as a game:
- Open Discord's
- Go the
- Click on the
- Select Eclipse IDE
A 'Workbench early startup error' occurs since the plug-in is installed
In case you encounter the following error on startup:
An internal error occurred during: "Workbench early startup". There is an incompatible JNA native library installed on this system Expected: 5.1.0 Found: 4.0.1
modify the eclipse.ini file (located next to eclipse.exe) to set the
jna.nosys property to true:
-vmargsline should already exist, otherwise you can append it at the end of the file.
Setup your dev environment
- Download the latest Eclipse IDE for RCP Developers release
- Clone the repository
git clone https://github.com/echebbi/eclipse-discord-integration.git
- Import all projects in Eclipse IDE
- Open the
- Click on Set as Target Platform
- Wait for the dependencies to be loaded
Plug-in's architecture is presented in [CONTRIBUTING.md/how-is-the-plug-in-architected](https://github.com/echebbi/eclipse-discord-integration/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#how-is-the-plug-in-architected).
See CONTRIBUTING.md for further details.
The Discord Rich Presence for Eclipse IDE plug-in is licensed under the Eclipse Public License 2.0.
It uses different third-party components which are licensed under:
- the Apache Public License 2.0
- java-discord-rpc Copyright (c) 2016 - 2019 Florian Spieß and the java-discord-rpc contributors
- the MIT License (MIT)
- fileicons-render Copyright (c) 2014
- MinnDevelopment for his Java implementation of Discord RPC.
- Lorenzo Bettini for his explanations on how to publish a p2 composite repository on Bintray.
- HelloWorld017 for his adaptation of programming language icons. These icons are displayed on Discord according to the programming language of the current file.
- The Eclipse Foundation for allowing me to display the logo of the Eclipse IDE in Discord's status.