Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
npm uninstall -g ember-cli-- Remove old global ember-cli
npm cache clean-- Clear NPM cache
bower cache clean-- Clear Bower cache
npm install -g firstname.lastname@example.org-- Install new global ember-cli
rm -rf node_modules bower_components dist tmp-- Delete temporary development folders.
npm install --save-dev email@example.com-- Update project's
package.jsonto use latest version.
npm install-- Reinstall NPM dependencies.
bower install-- Reinstall bower dependencies.
ember init-- This runs the new project blueprint on your projects directory. Please follow the prompts, and review all changes (tip: you can see a diff by pressing d). The most common source of upgrade pain is missing changes in this step.
The following changes are required if you are upgrading from the previous
- Addon Developers
- No changes required
- Core Contributors
- No changes required
- This version of Ember CLI will not officially support Node.js v0.12 per the Ember Node.js LTS Support policy.
- As part of this release we have made the default behavior inclusion of Ember from npm via the
- #6254 [BUGFIX] Do not rely on ember-resolver, detect bower package instead @martndemus
- #6319 Use --save-dev by default when installing addons @binhums
- #6378 Prepares Ember CLI for new version of ember-welcome-page @locks
- #6460 Refactor processTemplate. @nathanhammond
- #6385 Respect testem exit code @johanneswuerbach
- #6387 Adds Node 7 to testing matrix @twokul
- #6388 Adds Node 7 to
- #6407 Improve silent.js Deprecation @nathanhammond
- #6443 Fix preProcessTree API docs. @kratiahuja
- #6425 Adding json out for 'ember asset-sizes' @kiwiupover
- #6423 [BUGFIX] integrate capture exit @stefanpenner
- #6427 Document outputFile option @ro0gr
- #6436 [BUGFIX] Watch vendor by default. @nathanhammond
- #6484 [BUGFIX] Fix remaining ember-source issues. @nathanhammond
- #6453 Avoid creating extraneous merge-trees. @rwjblue
- #6496 [BUGFIX release] Revert the reverted revert. Ember assign not available in all ember try scenarios @webark
- #6482 Cleanup unused deps @ro0gr
- #6475 extract ui to console-ui @stefanpenner
- #6479 docs: Blueprint:renamedFiles @les2
Thank you to all who took the time to contribute! A special thanks to those who
helped us bring this release to a close after discovering that CI was broken for
the two weeks leading up to the release.