The feature branch currently worked on is undo/redo
NClass is a free tool to easily create UML class diagrams with C# and Java language support. The user interface is designed to be simple and user-friendly for easy and fast development. Initially the project was developed by the great Balasz Tihanyi on sourceforge, but the project has gone inactive due the lack of time.
Still, NClass is a great tool, although it is missing some important features. The goal of this project is to restart the development of NClass, adding the missing features.
💻 Existing features
- C# and Java support with many language specific elements
- Simple and easy to use user interface
- Inline class editors with syntactic parsers for easy and fast editing
- Source code generation
- Reverse engineering from .NET assemblies (thanks to Malte Ried)
- Configurable diagram styles
- Printing / saving to image
- Multilingual user interface
- Mono support for non-Windows users
🚧 Some of the things to come
- Bringing the NClass' support of C# and Java up-to-date with current version of the languages
- Sequence diagrams
- Use Case diagrams
- Many more to come. If you have an idea, don't hesitate to open an issue
If you have a discussion or talk about NClass, you can do it now on Slack too. Drop an email to nclass dot editor at gmail dot com with subject NClass to get an invite.
Please bear in mind that currently the response times on Slack are slow.
How to build
at root folder level run:
git submodule sync --recursive
then go to < root >\src\AssemblyImport\lib\NReflect build nreflect with visual studio or run
msbuild /p:Configuration=Debug /p:Platform="Any CPU"
This implies that you have msbuild in your path.
build NClass with Visual Studio or msbuild
NClass is totally free and licensed under the GNU General Public License.