Wittgenstein Centre Data Explorer
Contains all code and data used to build the shiny app for the Wittgenstein Centre Data Explorer, available at http://www.wittgensteincentre.org/dataexplorer/
An overview of app is given at https://gjabel.wordpress.com/2015/06/15/shiny-app-for-the-wittgenstein-centre-population-projections/
Folder df0 contains the raw data from Samir.
Folders df1-df7 contain formatted data for quick reading into the shiny app. Produced by the saves packages in the do_data.R script
Folder pdf contains all the country profiles for downloading.
Folder www contains images.
Folder server contains all the R code that is dependent (reactive) on the user inputs including
- [foo]_build.R: returns plots or data frames.
- [foo]_ui.R to: returns reactive user inputs where choices are dependent on other user inputs.
- [foo]_fn.R: R functions that do not involve any shiny specific functions.
do_label.R produces the set of objects in label.RData. It contains
- lists of indicator names, country names, age groups, etc., etc., used in the drop down fields
- ind data.frame: details on which indicators are available by which dimension.
- geog data.frame: details on country, areas and region names and codes.
- dimen data.frame: details on scenario, age, sex and education dimensions.
- faq data.frame: displayed in the FAQ tab.
- assump data.frame: details on projection assumptions used in each scenario-country combination The objects in label.RData are loaded at the top of the ui.R script.
The ui.R script refers to a number of files in order to control the layout including:
- [foo].md files are markdown text generally located at the top of the page above the tabs.
- [foo].html files are HTML code to display various images.
- [foo]_select.R scripts are shiny ui functions to create and arrange user inputs in each part of the app.
- data_show.R script arranges the layout of the data tab.