Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- Improved CMake build support for 64-bit Linux distributions.
- MSVC builds now use MSVC-specific intrinsics that map to clzll.
- ARM64 (AArch64) builds use the code paths optimized for 64-bit processors.
This release has broken SONAME / SOVERSION values. Users of snappy as a shared library should avoid 1.1.5 and use 1.1.6 instead. SONAME / SOVERSION errors will manifest as the dynamic library loader complaining that it cannot find snappy's shared library file (libsnappy.so / libsnappy.dylib), or that the library it found does not have the required version. 1.1.6 has the same code as 1.1.5, but carries build configuration fixes for the issues above.
- Add CMake build support. The autoconf build support is now deprecated, and will be removed in the next release.
- Add AppVeyor configuration, for Windows CI coverage.
- Small performance improvement on little-endian PowerPC.
- Small performance improvement on LLVM with position-independent executables.
- Fix a few issues with various build environments.
- Fix a 1% performance regression when snappy is used in PIE executables.
- Improve compression performance by 5%.
- Improve decompression performance by 20%.
This is the first release to be done from GitHub, which means that
some minor things like the ChangeLog format has changed (git log
format instead of svn log).
- Add support for Uncompress() from a Source to a Sink.
- Various minor changes to improve MSVC support; in particular,
the unit tests now compile and run under MSVC.