ROBODoc Version 4.99.45 Feb 2021
ROBODoc is program documentation tool. The idea is to include for every function or procedure a standard header containing all sorts of information about the procedure or function. ROBODoc extracts these headers from the source file and puts them in a separate autodocs-file. ROBODoc thus allows you to include the program documentation in the source code and avoid having to maintain two separate documents. Or as Petteri puts it: "robodoc is very useful - especially for programmers who don't like writing documents with Word or some other strange tool."
ROBODoc can format the headers in a number of different formats: HTML, RTF, LaTeX, or XML DocBook. In HTML mode it can generate cross links between headers. You can even include parts of your source code.
ROBODoc works with many programming languages: For instance C, Pascal, Shell Scripts, Assembler, COBOL, Occam, Postscript, Forth, Tcl/Tk, C++, Java -- basically any program in which you can use remarks/comments.
- For information on how to build and install see INSTALL.md
- For information to tailor the build and install see INSTALL
- For information on how to use ROBODoc see Docs/manual.html.
- Blank headers for various languages can be found in Headers/
- For an example on how ROBODoc can be used see the ROBODoc source code in Source/
- For licence information see COPYING
- For a change log see Source/robodoc.c
Many people contributed to ROBODoc, to name a few:
- Petteri Kettunen <petterik -a-t- iki.fi> Bug fixes, FOLD, C features.
- Bernd Koesling <KOESSI -a-t- CHESSY.aworld.de> Bug fixes, functional improvements, code cleanup.
- Anthon Pang <apang -a-t- mindlink.net> RTF support, Bug fixes.
- Thomas Aglassinger <agi -a-t- sbox.tu-graz.ac.at> Fixes and cleanup of HTML-output
- Stefan Kost <kost -a-t- imn.htwk-leipzig.de> Idea of the master index file and different header types.
Questions, found a bug or a typo; send an email to [rfsber -a-t- xs4all.nl]
(c) 1994-2021 Frans Slothouber, Petteri Kettunen, and Jacco van Weert