Chef build script for embedded systems.
chef-embedded is a collection of scripts which build chef and other necessary packages such as toolchain, ruby, gems.
The chef-embedded distribution files can be found in the following site:
The trunk of the chef-embedded source tree can be checked out with the following command:
$ git clone https://github.com/iij/chef-embedded.git
There are some other branches under development. Try the following command and see the list of branches:
$ git branch -r
chef-embedded's website is not launched yet but we are actively working on it.
The URL of the chef-embedded home-page will be:
First, copy amples/localrc to top-directory of source code, and edit it.
Then, execute a script 'build.sh'
If build is successful, you can find tarball in build/chef-embedded-(ver).tar.bz2
chef-embedded is subject to this license:
- Copyright (c) 2013, Internet Initiative Japan Inc.
- All rights reserved. *
- Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
- modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
- are met:
- 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
- notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
- notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
- documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. *
- THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS. AND CONTRIBUTORS
- ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
- TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
- PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTORS
- BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
- CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
- SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
- INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
- CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
- ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
- POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. */
Contributions are Welcome!