Clone this wiki locally
The h5bp build script now has two versions, the main one being the [ant-build-script]. This project is the node version, and it uses Grunt as a build tool.
It is packaged as a grunt plugin and provides you a bunch of tasks and helpers to help improve the performance of your site/app in a production environment.
This node/grunt-based build script tries to be as close as possible to the [ant-build-script], a really great project you should check out.
It is still in early stage of development, but it'll get better and better, based on your feedbacks.
Fancy one line install:
# see the gist: https://gist.github.com/2359881 $ curl https://raw.github.com/gist/2359881/install.sh | sh
Slightly less fancier
$ npm install https://github.com/h5bp/node-build-script/tarball/master -g $ h5bp help $ h5bp init
- Concats / Compresses JS
- Concats / Compresses CSS
- Inline CSS imports via
- Basic to aggressive html minification
- Renames JS/CSS to prepend a hash of their contents for easier versioning
- Does the necessary regex replacements in html files and templates
- Experimental dom-based (with [JSDOM]) build system.
- May rerun the build script on file changes (grunt's watch task ❤)
- May automatically reload the page in your browsers whenever watched files change, through some [socket.io] magic.
- Install the package
- Check out the extensive grunt documentation, specifically the [Getting Started] section.
- Learn more about Usage and Configuration
- Look at the available tasks
- Test out the experimental dom-based build system.
[Getting Started]: https://github.com/cowboy/grunt/blob/master/docs/getting_started.md#readme) [JSDOM]: https://github.com/tmpvar/jsdom [ant-build-script]: https://github.com/h5bp/ant-build-script [socket.io]: http://socket.io